Chapter 2

Out of all places he just had to be here. Had to be at the same school, in the same grade, with some of the same classes.

That he just so happens to be my ex-best friend and future alpha of the near by pack, Ashton, other wise known as Ash. I never wanted to see him again, yet here he was waiting in the office to speak with someone.

You may be confused as to why I hate him so much but it really is simple. See before my parents past away we used to hang out all the time but once they died he ignored me and told me in no uncertain terms that he "didn't want to see me any more." There was no reason to why he changed, he just did.

The worst part was was that he smelled really good, but for me that's not good.

As any sensible person would do I ran. Though my wolf, Rose, was screaming at me to go back, I just continued my search for a place to hide.

This being the situation that it was my search aimed for a closet or empty class room. And thank the moon goddess I found one.

My makeshift shelter was only of use to me for 10 minutes, it seemed like he would have taken care of what he needed to and left by that time. Boy was I wrong. As soon as I opened the closet door there he was, with a blonde girl closely attached to his side.

If I'm being completely honest I was a bit jealous. I quickly shook that feeling off, you could just see the love in both of their eyes. While the guy happens to be my mate I still want him to be with the one he loves, and not the one he's supposed to love because of a bond.

Before they can see my face I tug the hoodie down to shield most of my. Without a second glance the happy couple continued their walk through the hallways.

My pace quickens as I get closer to the office.

I hope I don't regret my decision.

//////////////////////////////////////////

(A/N: I'm so happy that people are actually reading this story, I didn't expect anyone to even notice it. I'm trying to get in longer chapters but I can't seem to stretch it enough.)