chapter one: york

hey guys! as you know, this was my first fan fiction. i've gone through the story a lot of times and i think that i want to make some major and minor changes to this story. if you've loved it the first time, i hope that you'll like what i'll be doing with this one! thank you for your continued support and i hope you'll reconnect with york and the lads once more!

leave me a comment so that i know what you think about it! thank you! 

~L.

................................

o1 | york

York Italia here.

Yes, I know that I have a weird name! I got that a lot. See, my mom had this wonderful idea to take my name from New York because it was her favorite place in the whole world. My dad, on the other hand, loved Italy, and I guess it was just a coincidence that our last name was Italia. I swore they loved those places too much!

Hell, I would never name my child London just because it was my favorite place in the whole wide world. But well, at least my name had become the ultimate ice breaker!

I am twenty years old and I am head over heels with the arts. I love listening to music from all kinds of eras and all those different genres! Well, except for hard metal rock. My ears couldn't take those types. I absolutely love painting and drawing but not as much as photography! I could stay for hours outside, taking pictures and scanning the scenery. I think I have some skills when it comes to photography-- skills that hopefully, I could make a living of.

I like swimming and probably, tennis but no, I tragically and sadly couldn't play to save my life. My mom was a gymnast back then and my dad was a tennis player and I couldn't see the logic behind me not having some knack for tennis, but hey, it's cool. I'm still thankful for the arts.

My mom is actually planning to open her own cupcake shop in six months and I was so excited because her cupcakes were so rich in flavor, so yummy, so... Okay, I'll stop now. My dad was a real estate agent. You know, selling houses and stuff. I really did love my parents because of the fact that they didn't want to kick me out of the house so that I could already find a job and go to college.

"We would really love it if you still stay with us... but you know, you can always move out when you want," my mom said.

I have no siblings though the closest sibling I ever got was my best friend Isla. She was a redhead and she was super energetic, like always. Sometimes, you’d get stunned by her shocking brown eyes. They complimented her hair very much. She also had very deep and prominent dimples and a great smile!  I guess that those features made the boys go for her. The boys' population in school were literally drooling at her every. single. time. I always smiled at the sight of it (and she'd always scoff at my reaction).

Anyway, Isla was coming over. She said that she had something truly important to tell me. I suddenly thought of worse case scenarios and maybe, something that had to do with college. My mind was so focused on it that while I was busy fixing some cereal boxes, she suddenly scared the hell out of me.

“One Direction is coming Yorkie!” she screamed, bouncing up and down like a ball.

GAHH! My ears! Her voice was too loud!

Her eyes twinkled as she said it. She twirled around into our kitchen when my mom suddenly burst out from the living room.

“And what do we have here?” she said, smiling.

"Hi, Andrea! How are you doing today? Isn't it such a lovely day? I love this day!" Isla mumbled. My mom merely smiled and went about her business.