The Show Must Go On {9}

“Well?” Bennett said as I went over to him the next morning.

                “Well what?” I asked, raising an eyebrow.

                “You know exactly what, Alexander. I take it you’re not going to leave Neo alone?” he said.

                “I told you he wants to be used,” I said with a shrug.

                “I’m aware,” Bennett said dryly. “Where did you take him?”

                “Panera,” I said. “Is that acceptable? Was I supposed to get your permission first?”

                “We’re going to Scott’s house afterschool,” Bennett said, his lip curling up slightly, the only visible sign of his annoyance with me.

                “Speaking of Scott, where is he?” I asked.

                “Scott is here,” Scott said, coming over to us, his hair a messy bed-head.

                “Did you just roll out of bed and put clothes on?” I asked, eyeing him.

                “I almost left in my pajama pants, but my dad literally grabbed the back of my shirt and dragged me into my room. Then he threw pants at my face,” Scott said with a sigh.

                “You’re a pain,” I said, turning and leading them down to my locker.

                I exchanged my books and shut my locker, following my friends to theirs. I looked over and noticed Neo standing with Donnie and Clifton.

                “Come on, do you want to come over today?” Clifton was saying to them.

                “Yea, sure,” Donnie said with a shrug.

                “I might grace you with my presence,” Neo said.

                I smirked as I watched him. I turned back to my friends, grabbing Scott’s shoulder as he shut his locker.

                “Buy me a drink first,” he said, brushing my hand off.

                “Oh please, you wouldn’t sleep with me even if you had the chance,” I said.

                “For many, many reasons, that is an accurate statement,” Scott said.

                “Neo is coming to your house tonight,” I said.

                “No,” Bennett said. “No, Alexander, that is too far.”

                “It’s Scott’s house, so it’s his decision,” I said.

                “Don’t drag Scott into this,” Scott said, stepping back.

                I grabbed his shirt, dragging him back towards us. “Scott, you have to make decisions someday.”

                “Whatever, I don’t care who comes to my house,” he said, prying my hand off and stepping back again. “Bring anyone except Miley Cyrus.”

                “That’s very specific,” I said.

                “My mom hates Miley Cyrus. Says she’s too sexual and inappropriate,” Scott said, shrugging.