Soft (Sweet Pea x reader)

You were supposed to be tough, intimidating, fierce. Not soft, warm-hearted, in love! These feelings came out of nowhere and to be honest, it worried you a little. The little things he did for you even before you became a serpent, really made a soft spot in you. Yeah, it only started with hookups but you felt a connection. Even though you had feelings for Sweet Pea, you didn't want to approach him with those type of thoughts, even though it was hard. Something about this whole issue is giving you bad vibes. You felt like your actions and thoughts will have consequences following it. Good or bad, you were craving it...

"HEY! Stop daydreaming about me in public, sweetheart! It's embarrassing!" Fangs laughed, winking at you teasingly. You scoffed and rolled your eyes, nudging him in his ribs.

"Dreaming about you is a nightmare, Fangs. I mean... look at you! You look like you would beat up anyone who talked to you, for no reason!" You retorted and he nodded his head, agreeing to your response. After walking through the alleyway, you were met by Toni and Sweet Pea. For some reason, you stopped dead in your tracks as soon as you saw Sweet Pea. Toni had a questioning look on her face, even Fangs.

"Is something wrong, y/n?" Toni asked, immediately speed walking herself towards you, standing by your side. You cleared your throat and smiled, building up the courage to look at any of them.

"No! O-of course not." You managed to squeak out. You sounded like a baby cub pricking its feet. Sweet Pea looked at you with a concerning look. You just smiled at him and walked past him, into the Whyte Wyrm. As you made your way into the hangout, you jogged to the bar and sat down on a stool. You stared down at the ground, train of thoughts running in your head. Why did I freeze like that? Why am I chickening out like this? I'm a serpent. I should be able to control my feelings and not let them get to me. You were still in your train of thoughts until Toni placed a hand on your shoulder, slightly shaking you. You shook your head and looked around, slowly coming back to reality. The boys followed her and stood in front of you.

"Y/n. Tell us what's wrong. Something's bothering you, let us help." Toni said with a comforting smile. You and Toni had this connection where there are some things you do with your body, showing her that you wanted to be alone or you were nervous. She noticed how you were looking at everything around you but their faces.

"Someone's calling you!" Toni pointed towards the pool table, signaling the boys you both needed to be alone. Sweet Pea and Fangs turned around and noticed no one even staring back at them. They turned their attention back to Toni, Toni giving them a death stare. The boys immediately understood what she was saying and dashed towards the pool table. She sighed and looked at you, worried.

"I feel like I'm doing something wrong. I feel... different." Toni nodded her head to every word you said, you took that as a 'go on' gesture and kept talking. You grabbed her hand and pulled her in the women's bathroom, locking the door behind you. She was caught off guard by your actions but didn't complain.

"I-I might like Sw-sweet Pea." You whispered his name under your breath and she still heard it. Her eyes widened in shock which made you regret even saying it.

"Are you serious? You? Sweet Pea? Since when?" She questioned, her voice coming more high pitch as she talked. You let out a small laugh.

"Since like... forever! I don't even know! The things he does to me... it can't be explained. You would have to feel it in order to know. It's kind of like when you started having feelings for Jughead. When you kissed him... you can't tell me you didn't feel anything during that kiss." You spoke fast but clear enough for her to understand. She knew you meant every single thing you just said. You really did like him. She walked towards you and gripped both sides of your shoulders, in a reassuring way.