Chapter 12: Hush

Culinary was my last class for the day thank god, I've been trying to stay away from Bryce as much as I could. After Bryce had let Sharon down as nice as he could, she said she knew it was because he liked someone else. That's what she had taken from the lengthy argument. She's head bent on finding out who, she even asked me if I had a crush on Bryce but then laughed the idea off saying I wasn't his type. I didn't know wether to be offended or not.

   For the most part the last two days I have done well avoiding  Bryce till today. "What are your plans after class?" Bryce asked sitting in the empty chair beside me as I flipped through a cook book.

   "Going home," I said sternly not looking up at him.

   "I figured since I broke into the school for you, you could do me a favor as well."

   "Are you asking me or telling me?" I asked shutting the book and eyeing Bryce carefully.

   "Asking, begging would that suffice?" He raised a dark brow in question.

   "What is it?"

   "I'm building Sharon a carriage. Her dad wont buy her one but luckily I own a few horses at a farm, and I'm crafty. Only it'll take the whole day and two hands."

   "She will lose her head," I grinned weighing my options, I had never built anything for a friend and the thought excited me. "Why cant Amber help?"

   "Her and my parents are visiting my sisters grave, they go once a month."

   "You dont?"

   "I like to keep busy, not dwell," he said shortly obviously not wanting to talk about it, I pitied him.

   "Well I am in, it might actually be fun I've never built anything, should be a good challenge," god knew I needed a distraction as well. "Do you think she'll forgive you?"

   "Not in the slightest but its a start," he shrugged his smile returning, almost reaching his slender dark eyes. "Just meet me at my car?"

   "Sure thing," I smiled.

    Was it the smartest thing being alone with Bryce? Not entirely but I can't see Valarie until Friday night after the festive, two more days from now and I was already going insane. Sharon was too busy campaigning this week and Amber had cheer practice every day after school till Friday. Heavenly has already gotten in her own little click, loved by many already, she took to Sharon instantly. I wondered how Valarie was, if she was scared or lonely as I was, or maybe she was already forgetting me.

   I had Roxanne and Heavenly, but with Lorelei truly gone, I'd feel an unbearable lose. I feared losing her the most, my best friend, my sister, my other half. She's been a part of my life ever since I could remember, even after she died which never made much sense till we moved here. She was the wings to my heart, a piece of me that could never function right after she leaves me flightless.

                                ........................................................................................

   Turns out building a carriage was a lot harder then you'd think, we spent nearly half the day shopping for materials and by the time we got back from town the sun was setting. "I don't know about you but I'm tired just from being at the store all day, we can meet up again tomorrow? That is if you're not busy," Bryce said.

   "I'm all yours, I dont want to go home yet though we can make some sandwiches and watch the sun set?"

   "Are you asking me on a date?" He teased.