22

It was around 10 am when the young girl woke up .

She did her morning routine and left Jeongguk's room to meet the family downstairs for breakfast .

Surprisingly no one was there .

The girl just shrugged and served herself some cereal .

As she was eating , she was thinking about going home to her mother since it's been a while since she last seen her or even spoke to her .

She just didn't know if she should visit Jeongguk first or after because there might be a slight chance where her mother won't let her leave the house for a while .

Finally she decided on going home and visiting her mom first .

She quickly finishes and cleans up then dashes out to see her mother who she missed so much .

Soon she made it to her house .

Hesitant at first , she rang the doorbell and her mom opened the door .

" Finally ! You know how long I waited for you to come back ? If it were for Mrs Jeon you would've been in so much trouble ." Her mom exclaimed right away . She moved to the side to let the young girl get inside and trailed behind her to the living room .

" I'm sorry mom I've just been going through a lot and after hearing what my so called step father said just added more stress and I couldn't handle it ." The younger started to tear up as she was confessing to her mom .

" I know . That's why I'm not mad at you and why I let you have your space . You're going through a tough time and I get it sweetie but you gotta talk to me about it or else I'll go crazy trying to understand you ."

They both giggled at the elders comment .

" Alright as long as you let me visit gguk today." The younger tried convincing her mother .

" Tomorrow fine . Today ? No . You just got home ."

"But mom I don't have time-"

" We will visit him tomorrow early and we can stay as long as you want , besides it's been a while since I last visited him ."

The girl sighs and obeys her mother .
She can tell her mother wanted to see him as Jeongguk was like a son to her .

" Oh cheer up hun ! Let's bake Mrs Jeon a cake for taking care of you all these days ."

With that the girl gets dragged to the kitchen by her mother who seems a bit too excited to be baking a cake .