t w e n t y - f i v e

---

Hermione glanced at Draco for a split second out of the corner of her eye as she sat down by the window sill next to him. She played with the sharpie in her hand and blew a raspberry. A devious grin curled up on Draco’s lips as he looked up at Hermione. “Well, it seems to me like you’re having a bit of a trouble over there . . . you’ve been looking over at me for the last three minutes consecutively.”

“I want to know what happened between you two.” Hermione asked the minute she saw the opportunity. She straightened up her back as she cleared her throat, waiting impatiently for the story to unfold.

“I obliviated him and told him that he and I were best friends and he was your brother who was dating Weaslette, your close friend.” Draco replied with a straight face, looking at Hermione with honesty written all over his face. “That’s why he might be a bit . . . off.”

Hermione shot him a glare and let out a low growl. She smacked him on the arm and pushed a strand of her hair out of her fair, tucking it behind her ear. “Yes, and I’m really a hippogriff.” She sneered at him as lowered her gaze on him. “Tell me what really happened or I will use this weapon on you whether you fall asleep or not.” She threatened him as she shoved the sharpie into his face, making sure he understood her.

“I actually thought you would buy it, I mean, have you seen how happy Potter looks? If someone didn’t know any better, they would’ve thought he earned himself another bottle of Liquid Luck.” He stated with a snort, rolling his stormy grey eyes. “We talked after you left about . . . manly topics and we went out to play a round of Quidditch to . . . relieve stress and any frustrations we had about each other? I think it went fairly well. Truth is . . . Potter actually got hit in the head by the bat.” Draco said and nonchalantly laughed, recalling the event from earlier.

“He got hit with the bludger bat?” Hermione asked with shock, her jaw dropping wide open as concern spread across her face.

“I didn’t hit him with it, if that’s what you’re thinking. He hit himself, like the idiot he is. He claimed to be fine but I had him go check with Madam Pomfrey.” He explained to her as he shrugged his shoulder.

“I assume he’s alright, no broken bones?” She asked him matter-of-factly.

“Of course, well—he did break his nose but Madam Pomfrey fixed it right up. He’s fine, good as new.” Draco assured her as he reached for her hand, his hand gently and ever so slightly brushing against hers.

His tender touch on her hand brought a smile to her lips, the corner of her lips lifting upwards automatically. “I’m really glad you two are friends, it . . . it’s a relief one of my closest friends approves of my—of you.” She said and bit her tongue lightly at her dense error. She crinkled her nose as she closed her eyes.

“You’re glad your friends approve of your what?” He taunted her mischievously as he leaned in towards her, waiting for her answer. Although he left the impression as a joke, he yearned for her to say the two words any boy wanted to hear from her.

“You are a friend . . . that is a boy.” She told him with a cunning smile as she winked over at him, happy to see that she had the upper-hand.