e i g h t e e n

---

“Hmmm, where are Hermione . . . and Malfoy?” Harry asked his girlfriend as he sat with her and Zabini.

“I have no idea. She was with us a few minutes ago.” Ginny furrowed her eyebrows, staring at Blaise. “Do you know where they are?”

Zabini looked up just as he stuffed a mouthful of bacon into his mouth. He shook his head as he chewed. “I left them back in the room. I assumed that they’d follow you.” He said as he chewed.

Ginny made a face and frowned. “Ugh, you’re just like my brother.” She said and stared at Harry. “We don’t know where they are.” She said and shrugged. “But, Harry, why are you sitting here anyways?”

“Well, Hermione and I talked yesterday and we decided to have me sit and eat with you guys.” He replied solemnly. “I guess they left to go somewhere.”

“I don’t even know what’s going on with them right now.” Ginny half-lied because, 1. She did know what was going on between the two, but 2. She didn’t really know what they were doing.

“I was hoping we could catch up on things.” Harry frowned and looked over at Zabini. “You don’t know anything about Malfoy’s whereabouts?”

“He doesn’t tell me a single damn thing. That bloody git.” Blaise answered bitterly, shaking his head in disapproval.

“I see.” Harry sighed and stared at his girlfriend. “Is Ron staring at us?” He asked Ginny who was facing them while Harry had his back turned towards them.

“Yes, but it seems to me like Lavender is doing most of it.” Ginny replied with a groan. “When will he break up with her? She’s bloody annoying.” She rolled her brown eyes, completely irritated.

Blaise scoffed and swallowed the last bit of his eggs. “Brown! Take a picture; I can assure you that it’ll last longer.” He yelled across the table and smirked when he saw Lavender turn red from embarrassment, looking away.

Ginny and Harry stifled a laugh as they looked at each other.

“I can’t eat comfortably with having two pairs of eyes looking over here.” Blaise explained and sighed, grabbing his goblet and taking a big gulp of it.

Ron turned into a red shade—almost as red as his hair. The couple looked at each other and down at their foods.

---

Hermione stomped on his foot as she lifted her index finger to her mouth, telling him he should be quiet.

“You didn’t have to do that!” Draco whispered angrily.

“Yes, I did.” She whispered back.

“Okay! That’s it! I’m done whispering. There’s no one here. We don’t have to sneak around like this. We look even more suspicious if we do this.” He said, crossing his arms across his chest.