s i x

---

Hermione dashed through the empty corridors not knowing where she could find Malfoy. She simply just charged forward. She stopped after a while to catch her breath and chewed on her bottom lips. How stupid was she to switch their wands up? They felt completely different. She mentally slapped and kicked herself to oblivion and groaned at her mistake. Her plan to make him fall in love with her was not working . . . instead they were more at each other’s throats than in love. She sighed and started to walk slowly to wherever she was going.

“Granger.”

Hermione stopped and slowly turned around with a confused face to see Malfoy standing there. “Where did you come from?”

“The hall.” Malfoy pointed at the left hall behind him with a smirk. “What a pleasure meeting you here.” He said casually as he started to walk past her.

She quickly grabbed his arm and pulled him back. “Give me my wand and I’ll give you yours.” She told him sternly.

“Oh, our wands were switched? My, I didn’t even realize.” He said sarcastically as he glared down at Hermione.

“It was merely a mistake.” She defended herself and looked up at him. “Give it here.”

“Not until you give me mine.” He said as he held up Hermione’s wand in his hand which was too high for Hermione to reach up to get. He then stuck his other hand out, his palm waiting for his wand.

“I want my wand first.” She said as she crossed her arms across her chest.

“Now, really Granger . . . are we going to act like infantile children or act like adults about it?” Malfoy asked her as he raised an eyebrow at her.

Hermione pressed her lips together into a thin line as she sighed. “Fine.” She huffed and placed Malfoy’s wand on his palm. “Now, give me mine.”

“No, thank you.” Malfoy said with a smirk as he let out a small chuckle. “You may be an adult but I’m immature. I’m not giving you your wand back until you do something for me. Until then, your wand will be in my possession.” He said as he walked off.

“Malfoy!” She yelled helplessly as she watched him walk off. She placed a hand on her hip and the other on her forehead in frustration. “You are such an insufferable, narcissistic arse!” She yelled after him in anger and rolled her fingers into fist. She was dying to retrieve her wand and hex him to the next century! She sighed and stomped angrily on the floor. “What do you want me to do?!” She quickly yelled across the empty hall, her voice echoing throughout the whole corridor.

Malfoy smirked and turned around. “I thought you’d never ask!” He yelled over at her as he made his way towards her.

“What do you want me to do?” Hermione asked as she crossed her arms across her chest.

“Do as I say and then and only then will I give you your wand.” Draco explained as he displayed Hermione’s wand and his hand and then stuffing it in his pocket.