Chapter 22

I was having a blissfull time kissing Alexander until he slowed down the kiss and slowly pulled back. My lips tingled for a few seconds and I felt slightly dazed.

He stared at my lips for a few more seconds before looking up at me with a sigh.

"I should tell you too," Alexander said in his low voice and I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Tell me what?" I asked and tilted my head.

"Its only fair," Alexander said ignoring me.

I had no idea what he was talking about. But I really didn't want to know and I just wanted to kiss him. Was that too much to ask for?

Apparently so.

"About Rebecca," Alexander finally said and it clicked. I stared at him in shock for a second but quickly concealed it.

How could I forget. He didn't know that I knew what had happened. He was drunk that night and when he was sober, he had forgotten the conversation.

I saw struggle on Alexanders face and I couldn't help but frown and feel bad. I was making him remember the shady parts of the past and it made me feel guilty.

"No," I jumped in. and shook my head as Alexander solemnly glanced at me.

I'd just tell him I knew and save the trouble. Save him the memories.

I leaned in close and shook my head, looking into his dark eyes.

"Don't say anything. I already know," I whispered and glanced down at his lips.

Alexander didn't say anything for a second. However he then roughly made me look at him and I held my breath.

"You know?" he repeated with squinted eyes, "-how do you know?" he said harshly and I sighed.

"Your trust in me is thrilling," I stated dryly, "-that night I came to your place. You were drunk and well...you began talking," I shrugged it off. However Alexander still looked mad.

"And what? You didn't bother telling me?" Alexander said sounding pissed off. As attractive as he looked even when he was angry I concentrated on what he was saying.

"Its not my fault you drank so much that you forgot, now is it?" I said equally mad. His sudden change in mood was making me both angry and confused.

"Why are you getting so angry anyway?" I asked as I angrily snatched his glass and drank from it, slamming it back down on the table.

"Its not everyday people know about my past. About what happened," he gritted and I sighed.

"Yes. That's true. But you might want to calm down before I get angry as well," I said solidly and glanced up at Alexander.

He didn't even flinch. Alexander wasn't easily intimated or intimidated at all and that ticked me off sometimes.

"Victoria I think I should leave. My tempers rising and quite frankly, I don't think I can control it," He said. I didn't say anything and simply watched him clench his jaw and make a move to leave.

I stood up and grabbed his hand before he could turn around.

"Are you mad at me?" I asked with furrowed eyebrows. We had just shared a moment earlier and I didn't want him changing his mind.

Alexander stared into my eyes for a few seconds before shaking his head.

"No, not at you. I'm just mad. I'll see you tomorrow," he abruptly said. I felt unsatisfied and frowned.

Alexander smirked and rolled his eyes. He leaned down and placed a kiss onto the side of my mouth.

With that, he chucked a hundred dollar bill onto the bars bench, near our drinks, and left.