1. Christmas Eve

It was a cold and dark Christmas Eve with a snow blizzard covering everything in a thick white sheet. Declan Smith was walking along a dark abandoned street when he came up to a big old house. The house was so run down he wondered if anyone lived there. He staggered up to the house and came across a tall brown door.knock knock knock he tapped. Suddenly a loud squeaking noise filled his ears with terror "Yes?" came a deep old voice. A elderly man in his late eighties stood in the door way."I was wondering... if you had anything I... could give to my daughter as a...gift tomorrow for Christmas? We are low on money and... I was looking to see if anyone... had anything they didn't... need anymore." Stuttered Declan. To his astonishment the old man slammed the door with a loud thud. Poor young Declan was just about to give up when the door opened again. The elderly man was stood at the door holding a old china doll "Will this do?" Asked then tired old man. Declan looked down at his arms and saw the doll with its shiny blue eyes that stared into space but one thing was wrong with it there was a crack down the face " It's perfect" he replied "Just what she would have wanted! But why dose it have a crack on it?" The old man turned to stone as the struggled to reply "it was my daughters and she dropped when my wife died ten years ago. "Merry Christmas!"said the man and closed the door behind him. Declan walked home chuffed with the gift he had found for is daughter he couldn't wait to see her face when she will open it.