Chapter Thirty-Four

The Bad Boy Is My Baby's Daddy

March 23rd 2013

____________________________________
Chapter Thirty-Four - Terrance Archibald

Throughout the day yesterday, Cloud has been coming in and out of consciousness but never has been fully awake long enough to have a conversation which I asked Dr. Berkeley about and her reply was something along the lines of the strong medication to keep him from feeling the pain in his lower abdomen but that he would be fully conscious by tomorrow.

Which was today.

''You should really be getting some rest,'' Lucas muttered, his eyes scanning over Cloud's charts. ''Not healthy to be skipping out on sleep especially in your condition.''

''I've slept.''

''You napped for like half an hour in that chair.''

''It's a comfy chair.''

''Bullshit, that chair is plastic.''

I huffed, giving Cloud's hand a squeeze. ''So you'd leave the hospital to sleep if Araki was laying here?''

''...Touche, Terrance, but I'm not with child.''

''Stop fussing over me, I'm fine and when Cloud wakes up, I'll be even better.''

Lucas sighed, placing Cloud's charts back into the container at the end of his bed. ''I'm going down to the cafeteria, do you want anything?''

''Gennifer is bringing me something back.'' I said and Lucas paused, mauling over my words in his head and gave me a brief nod before departing the hospital room.

I inhaled a deep breath, scrubbing at my tired eyes and adjusted my posture in the really uncomfortable chair with a sigh, yeah I was tired but I couldn't sleep properly due to the fact I was to anxious about Cloud. I was scared something was going to go wrong through the night and I wouldn't have been able to live with myself if I had left to sleep only to wake with someone calling me to tell me the horrid news. I would have hated myself if I had not of been here with him.

But luckily, he was stable throughout the night which meant there was no signs of blood clots.

''Oh, I didn't think anyone would be in here.'' I snapped my head up at the all to familiar voice and didn't even attempt to hide my scowl at the sight of Joyce. Her platinum blonde hair was done up into a tight bun and she wore a tight purple long sleeved shirt and a pair of dark washed jeans which appeared to be a second skin. But what gathered my attention was the large bouquet of assorted flowers sitting in a large glass vase being carried in her hands.

''What are you doing here?'' I asked, not even bothering to be polite. Her once small smile turned into a frown, her gray eyes averting to Cloud and settled there which pissed me off.

''Well, I heard Cloud was shot and thought I'd come down and brighten up his hospital room with these, maybe see how he's feeling...but I guess he's sleeping,'' She said, walking into the room which instantly would have had my hackles rising if I was a dog. I watched her walk to the other side of Cloud's bed, placing the vase of flowers down by his bedside. ''Do you mind if I stay until he wakes?''

''Actually, I do,'' I said. ''Limited amount of people allowed in the room at a time and he has family that's going to be back up here at any moment and I think it would be best if you left.''

''That's understandable,'' She agreed with a nod, giving me a smile which I didn't return. ''It would be best if I did leave but if you wouldn't mind letting Cloud know I stopped by,'' She asked, making her way out but stopped by the door and glanced back at me with an innocent look. ''Oh, also you wouldn't have by any chance spotted a scrunchie in Cloud's car would you? Been looking everywhere for it...''