Chapter Thirty-Two

The Bad Boy Is My Baby's Daddy

March 22nd 2013

____________________________________
Chapter Thirty-Two - Terrance Archibald

''Terrance, baby, stop feeding the thing, it will just keep on coming back.''

''Maybe, I want it to come back.''

''It could have flees.''

''Shut up, Cloud, if it does have flees, you can buy treatment for that and clear all the nasties up.''

''Yeah? Tell that to our furniture with fabric.''

I rolled my eyes, ignoring him while he ranted about the flee-bag peeing all over the place and continued to peer out the window over the sink of the kitchen where a small long haired gray cat sat, eating out of the bowl of tuna I had left out earlier this morning. It was adorable and has been coming around our house for the last week and a half, scavenging for it's next meal, though every time I tried to go near the poor thing, it would bolt off into the bushes and hide.

''Do you think it's a boy or girl?'' I asked randomly but really not expecting an answer in return. ''I think I should give it a name--''

''If you name it, you'll get attached.''

''I already am attached and I think once it gains more of my trust, I'll bring the poor cat inside, maybe take it to the vet and get it checked out--''

''Bring it to the vet and leave it there, right?''

''Stop being an ass, Cloud. I'm not leaving the cat at the vet, after the vet checks it over and claims it healthy or whatever, I'll bring it back here and buy all the supplies it will need to live here with us.''

''What? We don't need a cat.''

''It's not about needing Cloud, the poor thing has probably been outside all winter and it deserves a good home. Plus, it would be nice to have some company around while you're at school.''

''But they shed, claw and--''

''Cloud, end of discussion. That cat out there is going to be our pet,'' I interrupted sternly, rubbing my hands over my erect stomach while I turned around to face a huffy Cloud with a stern expression on my face. ''Now, you should get going or you'll be late for class.'' Cloud paused, turning his head to glance at the microwave clock that read the time and sighed, standing up from the bar stool, he walked forward and gave me a long sweet lip-to-lip kiss on the mouth before pulling back and stroked my flushing cheeks with his thumbs.

''So a baby and a cat.'' He murmured.

I smiled at that. ''Yup, though, I remember reading somewhere that pregnant women can't change litter boxes. Cat urine is bad for pregnancy.''

He tilted his head back at that and closed his eyes. ''Wonderful.''

''I love you.''

''Yeah, yeah, I love you too.'' I watched Cloud back away, blowing me a kiss before turning around and headed to the front hall and after a few moments, the sound of the front door was opening and closing. I sighed, wandering into the family room and sat myself down on the sofa, pulling my laptop onto my lap and decided on finishing up my history report which had to be fifteen thousand words and I only had twelve something typed.

With my attention focused on my laptop screen and my fingers speeding over the key board and my mind processing the words to be typed I finished my history report in under a hour. I grinned in triumph, looking over my last few paragraphs in a quick edit before clicking save and slid my laptop off to the side and stretched my arms up over my head but jolted in surprise when I heard the front door open and I perked up, listening for it to close but it never came.