Chapter 40

Chapter 40

-Hunter Hayes-

Thank you for choosing Delta flights! We hope you plan on flying with us again soon!

I leaned back in my chair as I smiled at the computer screen in satisfaction. I had just booked the flight to our honeymoon destination.

Hah! No I'm not telling you!

"Why did you just book a flight to the Bahamas?"

"Devo!" I scolded. "Don't sneak up on me!"

"Sorry!" he squeaked, then looked back at the screen. "Is that where you're going for your honeymoon?"

"Please don't tell Rosalie."

"That doesn't really answer my question but ok." he chuckled.

"Yes. That is where we're going." I sighed, laughing a little.

"Why the Bahamas? Have you ever considered Paris or Hawaii?"

"Everyone. Goes there." I pointed out. "Besides the Bahamas are better than Hawaii."

"The flight is shorter isn't it."

"Please don't tell Rosalie."

-Rosalie Stevens-

I zipped up my suitcase, and stood up from my bed, letting out a breath from my work. Today is when we would leave for California, back to where my parents were so Hunter could be properly introduced to them. I was a little nervous of course, I mean considering they probably didn't even know I was engaged to him and Hunter didn't ask.

"Hey babe." Hunter walked knocked on the door as he came in. "Finished packing?"

"You bet." I sighed. Even though it was only dinner, we were staying in California for a little longer, for a little get away of course, but Hunter also had a show there in the mean time. Hunter grabbed his already packed case from the closet and yanked up the handle.

"Shall we go?"

After another slightly freaked out reaction from Hunter during take off, we landed in California. My parents were at the bottom of the escalators, waving frantically. I practically ran down the moving steps and hugged them.

"Hi Aizy." my mom smiled, gripping onto me tight.

"Hi mum." I mumbled into her shirt. "I missed you guys so much."

"We missed you too." my dad butted in. I pulled away.

"I want you guys to met my friend, Hunter Hayes."

"Always welcome to the man who made my little girls dreams come true." my mom grins at him, and Hunter's shoulders relax instantly.

"It wasn't a problem." Hunter reached for my hand. "She's the best thing that's ever happened to me." he took off his baseball cap, revealing his slight hat hair and shook my dad's hand.

"I believe we've met before." my dad gave him a tight lipped smile. I gave them a confused look.

"You two have met?"

"Yeah. He called me to ask if he could marry you." my dad beamed at this, ecstatic that there were at least some people who still actually asked about it. My mom was inches away from jumping into the air with joy from being reminded of our engagement. I have a feeling this dinner is going to go well.

"Let me take your guys' bags." my dad took them in his hand and guided us out do the airport to the car, I smiled at the familiar warmth of California.

"We've been watching that one show you're on." my mom smiled. "What was it, the Big Bang Therom?"

"Close enough." I chuckled. "But it's been really fun, everyone is really nice and it's gotten me a lot of publicity."

"I'm just so proud of you." my mom hugged me again, she was pretty emotional with these things. I just laughed and my dad opened up the car door for me. Hunter too the seat beside me in the back with them in the front. On the way there we caught up on stuff and talked over wedding details.

Leaving our stuff in the car, we drove straight to our dinner destination, mostly because Hunter and I were starved. I wanted to change but they insisted that formal attire wasn't need for this place. I should've expected they were taking us to Outback Steakhouse.

"I love steak." my dad blurted. "I just live for it, so I thought I'd share it with you guys."

"Well it's a good thing we share a common interest." Hunter chuckled as we walked into the restaurant.

Wow awk ending BUT thank you so much for 17K+ reads I never thought this would come so far! I got a TON more time to edit stuff because I was granted THREE snow days (in a row!) with a foot of snow and lots of wind :D yay!!!

So yeah that thing I said about this ending soon like ten chapters ago? I think there might be another good ten or more chapters after this XD

Happy (almost) Holidays!

Lia