Chapter 36

Chapter 36

-Rosalie Stevens-

I was engaged.

Not only that, I was engaged to Hunter Hayes.

Hunter Hayes.

Who knew that I would go from enemies to this with him? Ok most likely Dann, but I don't think he would've thought it'd go this far.

Of course Hunter and I have talked about a wedding, but we weren't sure if we wanted to do it soon, considering that fact that it'd soon be too chilly for an outdoor wedding, and that we had family practically on opposite sides of the country. But that hasn't been the only thing we talked about.

My ring clinked against my coffee cup as I sipped from it, the time currently 8:30. I was one of those weird people that got up early for absolutely no reason. Hunter walked out, sleepy eyed and bed head on point. I smiled.

"Morning sleeping beauty." I giggled.

"Morning princess." he replied huskily, pouring himself a cup of coffee. But his tired tone soon turned serious. "Rosalie, I have to ask you something."

"Yeah?"

"How do feel about... kids?"

"Like, having one as our own?"

"Yeah." he said awkwardly. It grew silent after that, a million thoughts buzzing in my head. The truth was, I hadn't thought much about having kids in years. What would their names be? What gender would I hope for? What if I had twins? Triplets? What if I became the next octo-mom or whatever?

"I... I guess I haven't really given it much thought in a while." I murmured, staring down at the brown liquid in my cup. "Do you want kids?"

"If it doesn't make you feel uncomfortable... yes."

"I think I would want at least two." I stated.

"Me too." he smiled, then it got awkward, presented by the usual awkward silence.

"Do you think we'd make good parents?" I asked suddenly, barely noticing the question slip from my lips.

"We'd be away all the time." Hunter realized that this fact was true, very true. The thought of leaving my child alone for hours, days, months at a time was... scary.

"We could get a babysitter I suppose, plus I'm not away too much either."

"We could... but speaking of babysitters, we're going to dinner with my parents tonight to tell them about us."

"Awesome!" I said, but then my face fell. "What if they don't like me." I murmured, looking down. Hunter set his cup down immediately.

"Don't say that!" he exclaimed. "They love you."

"I met them once, and that was when you were in court! What if they believe I'm the cause of everything?"

"That's just nonsense, Rose." he took him hands, rubbing my ring with his thumb. "My parents will love you, I promise, there's no doubt in my mind that they will hate you." I sighed.

"Thanks Hunt. That means a lot." I smiled, and he came around the counter to give me a hug.

"Even if our relationship was still fake, I wouldn't say that with any less meaning."

-Lynette Hayes-

"Leo! Do we have anything going on tonight?"

"I don't think we do, why?"

"Hunter just called." I replied, putting a hand if the speaker. "He wants to have dinner with us and Rosalie."

"Oh yes, his girlfriend." Leo thought aloud. "Tell him that'd be wonderful." I nodded and held UR back up to my ear.

"That would be great, dear."

"Awesome mom, we'll come and get you at 7, ok?"

"Ok, see you then."

"Oh and be prepared for a surprise, Rosalie and I want to tell you something." I could imagine my boy having a smile spread across his face.

"A surprise huh? Well we'll be looking forward to seeing what it is."

"You'll love it." he said, chuckling a little. "Anyway, I'll see you and dad later then."

"Alright, bye. Love you."

"Love you too, mom." I hung up and looked at the phone. I had an idea of what this surprise was, but I guess I can't be sure until tonight.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This was kind of a filler :( but there's more to come! a lot more to come ((((((((((;

Hehehehehhehe

Lia (⬆️that wasn't meant to be creepy lol)