Chapter 22

Aileeta's p.o.v
I pace around the cold, big and empty room that's lit dimly only by a weak yellow bulb, twitching as it hangs from the ceiling. Alex is still unconsciousness and tied to an iron chair. His hands and legs are equally tied to each hand and leg of the chair he's seated on. It's a miracle my hit didn't make him bleed much or better still, kill him. This boy is prying too much that it's getting on my nerves.

I begin contemplating on what to do about him as he now begins to stir awake. His long brown hair sweeping his eyes as he shakes his head to wave off the dizziness. I stand a few meters away from him, a hand on my waist as he raises his head to look up at me.

His eyes widen in fright before contorting to anger and suspicion. Tsk tsk, sad little boy. "Who the hell are you? What are you doing here? What the hell is your deal? " I roll my eyes at his childish questions. I dramatically turn my back to him, my two hands now on my waist as I look up at the not so attractive ceiling.

"Gosh you ask too many questions." I exasperatedly sigh. "There's no human in this world that doesn't have a goal you know. You have yours, I have mine. So mind your own business" I add.

"That earring. I know it's a secret gadget" I huff at his words. But the next this he says keeps me in shock. "You're up to something Reid.... Or should I say, Aileeta?!" my eyes widen in shock. I'm thankfully still backing him so he can't see my reaction.

"Yes, I snuck into the room whilst you were cleaning up and your little side kick kept calling out to you for response " he spits confidently and I gulp uneasily. "You're so... Cool, beautiful, bold.... That's why I fell for you so quick... I expected you to be a tough but innocent girl but.... You're something else" he adds. My breath hitches in my throat at those words.

That's why I fell for you

He said it when Bismah asked him but I wasn't really affected by it... So why now?

"Even if I have my suspicions about you and still don't know if there's more deep secrets attached apart from this little one... I can't help but be attracted to you! " He continues when I don't respond, choosing his words care fully. "I still can't believe you're like.... You'r–" Just then I cut him in, already having enough of his stupid discovery talk and love speech.

"Don't be fooled by my beauty and age cold butt or whatever you call yourself" I grin wickedly at him, loving how the fear burns all over his face, I love fear, it boosts my ego. I take slow strides closer to him, he struggles to break loose from the chair he's tied to but it's just a waste of time. I'm now very close to him, my knees brushing his shaky ones.

I place one leg on the side of the chair he's seated on and pull out a pistol from my waistband. I look into his hazelnut eyes for his reaction. scared, confused, just the reaction I was dying for.

"Holy shit that's a gun" he exclaims
"I told you earlier not to be fooled. I'm evil, wicked, I'm the devil, I rob banks, innocent people, I derive joy from people's pain and fear, I get wealth by doing dare devil jobs-"

I cut myself in, not wanting to leak too much info. I've said just about enough already.
"I still love you " he spat, glaring intently at me. mine widens in shock I quickly mask it over with an emotionless and bored expression. I close up our space once more.

"Even if I am ready to blow out your brain?  don't you think it's a little too soon for you to use the word "love" ?it's pretty strong!! " I press the gun on his temple, my finger lingering on the trigger.

I smirk, content that I've scared him enough. I loosen the ropes after chucking the pistol back into my waistband so he can go. When I loosen it, I watch as he breathes heavily and erratically, almost like his heart will explode anytime soon.

Scardy cat.

I turn around and walk to the other side of the empty warehouse door. I sense him take heavy steps, charging towards me from behind. Coward. I pull out my pistol again. In a split second I aim at him and pull the trigger. It sends out a loud 'boom' sound bouncing off the walls of the empty room.

A/N: follow my Instagram @gigiarako Grazie.

Like
Vote
Comment...