Shimmer Shine's POV

I stared into the dark, black pond, as tears fell silently from my eyes. Again, that week, the other ponies had bullied me. I was small and geeky - perfect bullying material. My friends were always encouraging me, but that didn't stop the bullying.

I felt someone hugging me, and turned around to see Shadow. Shadow was my best friend. Me, Shadow, Rose Rivet and Veira were inseparable. We were almost complete opposites except for one thing - our love of anything mechanical. Mostly computers, but anything made out of metal was alluring for us. 

"You can't stay here all night, you know," said Shadow, who blended perfectly into the darkness with her black mane and coat. The only way you could ever tell her apart from the shadows was the bright orange streaks in her mane. In contrast, my silver, gold and red mane and amethyst coat made clearly visible to anyone in the vicinity. And yet, somehow when I was bullied, it was like I was invisible.

"Who says?" I said, with a sniffle. 

Shadow sighed. she knew it was almost impossible to get me to do something when I was being stubborn. "Fluttershy wants you home at the normal time, and you know she won't let you stay here all night."

Fluttershy was my pony mentor. All yonger ponies got them. They were hand picked, with personalities alike to yours, so that it was almost certain you'd get along.

Now it was my turn to sigh. "Fine," I said, but Shadow had already melted back into the darkness.