Veira's POV

I sighed opening the door. "You know I'm still getting ready to go to school?" I asked, looking at Shadow. "It's kind of an awkward time..." I trailed off, looking at Shadow's face. Though I may be best friends with Rose Rivet, I still knew shadow incredibly well.

"I have something to tell you," said shadow, so quietly I almost didn't hear her.

"Come on in," I said, holding the door open for her. I was beginning to get slightly worried.

At times like these, I wished I didn't have a Princess as a mentor. My mentor was Princess Luna. She was kind wise, and always knew what to say, but she ran her own kingdom, and I hardly ever got to see her. I knew Frenchy though she had drawn the short straw on mentor, but apart from Sarah, Luna was away the most, and the most distracted when she was here, of the mentors. 

"So, what is it you want to talk about?" I asked, carefully.

"It's... It's Shimmer Shine. I'm worried about her," she said, carefully

"We all are, Shadow, but there's really nothing we can do," I replied.

Shadow hesitated. "It's... not that," she paused, then said in a rush, "Veira, I think - I think Shimmer is pretending to be bullied!"

There was an awkward silence for a few moments.

"Shadow, stop being stupid. Look, you should get to school, and I should to get ready," I said, herding her out the door. "See you later!" I called after her.

I knew what Shadow had said was nonsense, but a small part of my brain nagged at me: "Well, Shimmer has been acting weird lately."

************************************************************************************************************

Later, at school, I couldn't help but reflect on what Shadow had said. Even though I gave her the cold shoulder, which I'm sure everyone else found a little weird, I knew Shadow wouldn't lie to me about this.

For the rest of the day, I kept my space from both Shadow and, though I knew it wasn't their fault, Rose Rivet and Shimmer Shine, as well. I spent the rest of the day with Sarah and Berry Bar, but it got a bit boring by the end of the day. I didn't realise how much i enjoyed spending time with people who shared my interests, and knew so much about me, so at the end of the day, I decided to find Shadow and say sorry.

************************************************************************************************************

I ended up finding Shadow with Rose Rivet in the metal working sheds at the back of the oval. 

"Shadow?" I said, tentatively, poking my head around the door.

"Hmm?" she replied, but her face hardened the moment she saw me.

Rose Rivet gave me a smile, then saw Shadow face, and looked between us, worried. "Guys what's wrong?" she asked.

"It's none of your business, Rose," Shadow said, tightly.

"Hey," I said, calmly. "I just came to say sorry. I shouldn't have acted so rashly when you told me... well, that thing," I said, looking at Rose Rivet. She was my best friend, but she couldn't keep a secret for the life of her. "I just want to say, if you still want my help, we can look into it."

Shadow nodded. "Thanks, Veira. I knew I could count on you."

I nodded, and started walking home.