Chapter 3

Scott's POV

   I was running away from something.. Something huge.. Vicious.. Gorging on everything in its sight.

Looking back I saw its talons reach for my face, screaming I run away faster. Tripping over a tree stump I sprawl across the spiky planes of dark shape the looked like a formation of rock thorns.

  Examine my self closer I winced as I looked down at my chest to see a ragged piece lodged into my lung. Finding it difficult to breath I look into my predators eyes, hoping for mercy.

  "P-please.. God! just get it be over with already!!" I croak frustrated as I look into the cold hard eyes of..

  "Scott. Scott. SCCOOTT!! WAKE UP!" Someone yelled as they shoved my off the couch. Landing face first onto the floor.

  "Huh..? What..? Wait, why'd you shove me off the couch...?  I glare at my cousin Xavier rubbing my now twice bruised face.

  "We'll you wouldn't wake up so I shoved your fat ass off." He answered amused. He was the only cousin that didn't despite me or want me dead. I hope.

  Rolling my eyes at him I get up and dust my self. Looking up towards the dining area I don't hear anything. Only a running water and clattering dishes.

  "Where's everyone..?" I asked looking at an empty dining room.

  "They're all asleep. Zuri told me to wake you up and to send you to the  kitchen." He shrugged then walk off upstairs.

  Walking into the kitchen I hear a mumbling Zuri go on about something to do with "selfish people" and "not understanding quality food."

  "Hey Zuri..." I wave to her cautiously stepping into the kitchen. "Whatcha doing...?"

  Staring blankly at me she narrows her eyes.

"Whatcha think I'm doing, Scott?"

  "Aww! Are you mad because I missed out on your special cooking and nobody comment you on your delicious and wonderful appetizers..?" I pout to her giving her the puppy eye look.

  Fighting a smile as her eyes soften.  I can see the love in her eyes. If only she was a guy.. *sigh*

Zuri is very young but seems older  shes also the packs omega but some of the other pack members treat her like a maid. To top it all off she's actually pretty, beautiful even. They disregard her because she has a little meat on her bones. She's like a big sister to me, even though she sees me as more than a brother. It's not a secret from her that I'm gay but sometimes I just wish I could love her more than a sister.  Like when I was little and I had the biggest crush on her.

                   ~~~~flash back~~~~

    "Zuuurrrii!!!!!" Screams a 6 year old me runnig towards a 10 year old Zuri, crying my eyes out hugging her as she pulls me on her lap.

  "Whats wrong scott?" she asked worriedly inspecting me from head to toe. satisfied that i wasn't hurt she wipes my tears away.

  "T-t-they t-t-told me that y-y-you can't b-b-be my m-m-mate!!!!" I cry harder into her shoulder.

Laughing at my reason for crying she wiped my eyes again and kissed my cheek.

  "Here." She hands me a napkins

"Don't be silly! Don't listen to those morons. When you grow up you'll find your mate." Covering my mouth from protesting any further.

"And if it happens to be me then so be it!" She smiles as she tussles my hair.