➀➁ Friends Will Be Acquaintances

/ Friends Will Be Acquaintances \

                                                     ❝Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.❞

The best way to lose your appetite is to have the image of two of your friendly acquaintances dating or kissing. And that was the picture that Annistyn put in Brenna's head during lunch.

Bridger and Solomon were running late to lunch while Waverly off in the ladies' room Annsityn decided to speak up.

"Can I tell you a secret?" She started the conversation queerly and quietly.

"Sure."  Brenna responded. Although she was barely even listening. Her mind was elsewhere as the girl spoke again.

"I had my first kiss yesterday."

Her other thoughts ceased as she guessed who Annistyn might have shared her first smooch with. She was for certain that it was a quirky brown haired boy who liked to be original. "With whom?"

Annistyn's cheeks grew red like the tomatoes she had been eating. It seemed as though she was now wondering whether or not she should have brought this subject up. They weren't ones to share secrets at all usually. This was unexpected for them without even hearing who it was.

"Solomon."

And Cutnard's name made it a whole lot more awkward.

"You like Derp?" Brenna dropped her voice down to whisper a scream at Annistyn. "Like the Derp?"

Her blush deepened even more. "No." She spoke out in defense rather quickly. "No, I don't like him as anything other than a friend. It just kind of happened." Annistyn put one finger to her lip in a silent motion. "Don't tell a single soul or I'll find a way to hurt your own."

Brenna shook her head in wonder. Niether Derp or Annistyn seemed like they would do such a strange thing with one another. They just happened to be so different, yet so the same. In the weirdest ways. Brenna's mind couldn't wrap around the thoughts swirling around in her confused brain. "Does anyone else know?"

"Waverly does. I told her last night when I was over at her house." She nodded while taking a sip of water.

"Why'd you do it? Especially with Derp? That doesn't seem possible to me." She queried. Maybe she was wrong but, Solomon seemed like one of those guys who would never really get the whole concept of girls and kissing them.

"Like I said, it happened." She gave a small shrug while swirling her water around with her straw. Annistyn had this thing about drinking almost everything with a straw if she could get one. "One minute we're talking about the difference between jelly and peanut butter then next thing you know we're kissing like a couple."

"The difference between peanut butter and jelly?"

"Don't get me started on that again or I might just have to keep you here for the next two hours."

The Normal girl's head started to hurt at the thought of her aqquaintances locking lips. Honestly,  strange as it might seem, it seemed more natural that they would have their first kiss with each other. Annistyn rarely ever spoke of mentioned guys other than Solomon unless it was an animae character of some sort. Plus Solomon didn't understand the female gender and Annistyn acted more like a guy most of the time.

Still one thing bothered her.

"I thought you liked Bridger though?" She queried. Maybe she had picked up on the wrong signs but, she had truly thought that something was happening between them. At least on Annistyn's side.