➅ Viewing The Cud

/ Viewing The Cud \

                                                          ❝Help me get my feet back on the ground.❞

Nothing says good morning like a fire drill.

 At least that what the Orange Beach high school thought apparently.

All of the high schoolers felt as though they were in elementary school while walking in lines out of the building and into the main parking lot. Once they were grouped together with their other classmates they were instructed to sit down. They were to be silent while the teachers arranged how they should all get back inside the building.

 While Brenna and Bridger weren't in the same class at the time, their classes were put side by side in circles. Coincidentally her and Bridge were back to back. Soon enough Brenna felt a tap to her shoulder. She turned around to see him passing her a slip of paper ripped from his notebook.

 Once the piece of paper was placed beside her she turned it over to see Bridger's tiny, messy handwriting.

Are you good at coming up with ideas?

That was all it said. She glanced back at him before taking out a pencil from her back pack and writing below him.

What sort of ideas?

She folded up the ripped paper before placing it in his out stretched hand. It didn't take long for the reply.

For a book I'm writing.

Brenna smiled, pleased with being able to use her story abilities with him. She set her pencil's tip back on the paper that was almost out of room. After she wrote her response, she handed it back to Bridger.

Want to do it at lunch?

She heard him rip another piece of paper out of his notebook before penning his thoughts down.

I'd prefer to do it alone if that's okay.

She assumed that he simply didn't want others hearing about his story as well, which she would understand so she agreed. She folded the paper back up and shoved it in her pocket. Turning towards him she gave him a few nods so he knew she was okay with it.

They turned back to their own groups after that and got ready to move back into the school.

♢ ♤ ♡ ♧

"When should we talk about your story?" Brenna asked him as they were in line for their lunch food. 

"Well," Bridger seemed a bit hesitant and nervous to voice his idea. "Since I don't think there's any time to talk about it during school, I was wondering," He paused yet again. "If you," Another pause. "Would like to maybe come to my house so we can talk?"

Brenna was not ashamed to say that shocked her. She didn't remember the last time she had been invited to someone's house unless it was a party where lots were invited.

"You don't have to," He was quick to assure her. "I understand if you don't want to, after all we barely know one another. It's just that I don't want to share my story ideas with other people. I was even hesitant to ask you since my family barely even knows about my book, but I needed help so,"

He cut himself off while the lunch lady put some mystery glob of yuck on his plate. Though she was shocked, Brenna was not appalled by the idea of going to his house. "As long as you set a date and time plus you give me your address, then I'll be there." She guaranteed.