➈ My Little Crony

/  My Little Crony \

                                             We danced with monsters through the night.  

Brenna liked to have at least one day every month that she devoted to herself. On normal days she would go to school, be with family and friends, and rarely have tons of time to just binge of TV shows, or eat some candy, or just think about life without anyone putting their two cents in.

She always chose to do them on Sunday so that she didn't cut her time short with school. She would try to do most of her homework earlier so that she could spend the day without stress. Yet, she still got stress on those days when she tried to think of her future. Sure, she had sent in applications for college but she didn't yet know what she wanted to do there. Other people just went anyway and found out while going to school there, but she wasn't really sure if that would be the best thing for her to do.

She tried to get that all out of her mind as she laid on her stomach on her bed that faced her television. A bowl of butter popcorn rested beside her and she munched on the pieces while she let herself sink into the bed.

Brenna was so engrossed with the show playing on her TV she barely noticed the sound of her ring tone blasting through her bedroom. The smile she had gained from watching the screen disappeared at the sound of her phone. Without bothering to pause the show that was streaming from Netflix, she snatched up her phone from the desk bedside her bed and looked at the caller ID.

 Dancing across her iPhone was the name Bridger Nal. She hadn't a picture of him on her phone so his picture was simply lyrics from his favorite Queen song. While the lyrics played and sang in her mind she answered the call with a bit of a scowl.

 "Was there a reason you decided to interrupt my Netflix binge?" She inquired before popping a piece of popcorn in her mouth which she knew he could hear the loud crunches of it. Her eyes wandered back to the screen while she awaited his reply. Served him right for calling when she was in the middle of a good episode.

 "Sorry, I didn't know I was calling at a bad time." His sarcasm was plain. Brenna could practically hear him roll his eyes and put air quotes around the words "bad time".

 "Obviously." She snorted before gathering more popcorn to plop in her mouth.

 "Wait, is that My Little Pony your watching?"

 She halted with the food still in her mouth and her eyes glued to the TV. "No." Her word sounded warbled as she spoke with her mouth still full.

 "Yes it is, I can hear Rainbow Dash plain as day in the background." Bridger was insistent.

 "That's my brothers watching it." She lied swiftly and smoothly. "Plus, how in the world do you know Rainbow Dash's voice?" Her amusement sparked as she concluded that she had figured out a secret doing of his. Who would have guessed that Bridger Nal had watched My Little Pony?

 "Uh, well," He fumbled and stuttered over words as he noticed his mistake. Bridger was face palming himself for hinting at his classified tendencies to watch a girly kid's program. He was ashamed to say he'd watched all of the episodes and even knew some of the songs by heart. He didn't know what intrigued him about the stupid show, but once he started watching it he couldn't stop. "My sister watches that show a lot."

 And out came yet another lie. All the lies they fibbed were seen right through right from the start but, it didn't stop either of them from trying to trick the other person