DEAR VALENTINA.

⋆⋅☆⋅⋆

     In the New York comedy scene of 1958, VALENTINA "VALERIE" KING was an observer, spectator, and writer ― well, a writer, in the sense that she wrote an advice column in a weekly newspaper under the pseudonym 'Dear Margo' while discreetly writing acts for up-and-coming comedians as a side job. But overall, she was in the background, a blur that went unnoticed minus the blonde hair and bright eyes. She didn't mind being a comedian without an audience and a therapist with thousands of clients across the boroughs of Long Island. Truth be told, invisibility was what she desired since it's been roughly six months since her husband unexpectedly passed and all anyone in Manhattan has been doing is reminding her of it. 

     That all changes when her estranged friend decides to drunkenly flaunt her tragic marriage on the stage of the Gaslight on the same night Valerie has a nervous breakdown in her boss's office over reprimanding the obscene language in her column and ends up in a cop car next to Lenny Bruce. 

     (Or the night where Midge Maisel becomes a stand-up and a divorcee, Susie Meyerson finally takes up the managing gig, and Valerie King decides to upgrade her writing.)

⋆⋅☆⋅⋆

ELIZABETH OLSEN
as VALENTINA 'VALERIE' KING
( also known as 'Dear Margo' and the writer
behind the scenes )

ELIZABETH OLSENas VALENTINA 'VALERIE' KING( also known as 'Dear Margo' and the writerbehind the scenes )

⋆⋅☆⋅⋆     extended cast     ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆

Pedro Pascal as David Almanza ("THE ROOMMATE")

Ruth Negga as Shelia Lynch ("FREELANCE WRITER")

Adam Driver as Clifford "Cliff" Avery ("STAFF REPORTER")

Kyle Chandler as Joseph "Joe" Donovan ("THE OLDER BROTHER")

Alyson Hannigan as Genevieve "Gene" Donovan ("THE OLDER SISTER")

Cailee Spaeny as Irene Donovan ("THE YOUNGER SISTER")

Martin Sheen as Domhnall Donovan ("THE FATHER")

Sherilyn Fenn as Cher Donovan (nee Pescatelli) ("THE STEP-MOTHER")

Oscar Isaac as Mark King ("THE LATE HUSBAND")

Anthony Ramos as Sebastian Ruiz ("THE DRUMMER IN THE FOUR ACES")

Santiago Cabrera as Leo Caballero ("THE DOUBLE-BASS PLAYER IN THE FOUR ACES")

Alex Quijano as Tony Ocasio ("THE LEADER GUITARIST IN THE FOUR ACES")

John Leguizamo as Caesar Morales ("THE FOUR ACES' MANAGER")

Melissa Fumero as Dolores Batista ("TONY'S GIRLFRIEND")

Veronica Falcon as Marita Tavarez ("CAESAR'S WIFE")

Jurnee Smollett as Jeannie Lewis ("SEBASTIAN'S GIRLFRIEND & DANCER")

⋆⋅☆⋅⋆

AUTHOR'S NOTE: Okay, this show is brilliant and more people should be watching it. I'm not a funny person (I'm sarcastic and self-deprecating, but not intellectually funny) so most likely, some of the material Val will use will be from other comedians who are actual professionals. However, I'm not a plagiarist and I don't condone it so anytime I use a joke or reference that does not belong to me, it will be credited in the author's note. Also, if you didn't read the synopsis, Lenny Bruce will be the love interest, but this is an immense slow-burn. 

DISCLAIMER: I do not own anything besides my original characters
© Monrox 2020, All Rights Reserved