Chapter 28

I couldn't help the grin that spread across my face I saw Luke's eyes widen when I entered the room. I ignored his gaze and gracefully walked over to the bed and crawled in, paying no attention to his eyes burning a hole in my back. I felt him crawl closer to me until his breath was fanning my ear. 

"You don't seriously think you can come into bed like that and expect to sleep."

His voice made a shiver trail down my spine as I took a deep breath to keep my cool. I yawned and mumbled that I was tired, trying my best to sound convincing. He chuckled and softly pulled me to the side, so that I was lying on my back and he quickly crawled on top. His lips pressed against my mark and I couldn't stop the moan that left my mouth. He smirked against my skin and I could feel his hands wandering my body aimlessly. My hands wrapped around his neck and softly tugged on his hair as his mouth connected with mine. 

It was at this moment that I decided that tonight I would mark him and make him mine forever. I was sick of playing games and hurting so many others when who I was destined to be with was staring directly at me.

I climbed on top of him panting while helping him get his shirt off. "Luke, I want to go all in. No turning back. I wanna complete the mating process and mark you." He looked back at me with mild surprise before nodding his head.

Many thoughts raced through my head. Charlie being mad at me. Max disappearing without a fight. Yet, none of it seemed to matter in this moment. Tonight was about Luke and I.

Within seconds all of our clothes were removed and our bodies filled with anticipation. Heavy breaths filled the room as I left small kisses on his neck, searching for the spot that would unite us forever. As I heard a groan escape his lips, a smirk formed on my face. I bit down and a growl tore through the sound of our hearts beating. He flipped us over and pinned my hands above my head. Kisses were planted down my body before he whispered in my ear, "I love you. Until my heart stops beating."

Everything seemed to be falling into place, at least it felt that way for the rest of the weekend. It was so much easier hiding from all of my problems and staying with Luke at all times. That way, I did not have to worry about seeing Max or hurting Charlie even further. Yet, everything comes to an end and so did that weekend. It was now Sunday which meant that classes started back up tomorrow and I would have to face Charlie. The problem was that there were no words to explain the way I felt about him. There wasn't a way to apologize for breaking his heart and choosing Luke. 

I laid in bed for the rest of the night, waiting for Luke to finish grading some papers. I didn't mind being alone to my thoughts for once. I had to figure out a way to make everything right. Firstly, was Charlie because I knew that I would not be able to live without him. He was my best friend and ultimately my rock. I knew that Luke would not be happy about rekindling our friendship, but it was something I needed and he would have to learn to live with that. 

After another hour, I had finally come up with an idea. Luke came in shortly after, running a hand through his hair. He looked stressed and tired. I frowned and opened my arms. He crawled into bed and rested his head on my chest. 

"Are you okay?"

"Just behind on work, but I feel better already." I smiled softly and began running my hands softly through his hair until I heard soft snores, making me hold in a giggle. Slowly, I began to doze off as well, watching the world go black. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi guys, so here's the update. Sorry it took such a long time, but as I mentioned on my profile, I was unsure if I wanted to continue writing because of some negative feedback I had received. Hope you enjoyed. Thank you.