Chapter 14

My blood ran cold as a smirk appeared across his face. My knees became wobbly and I fell onto the floor. A demon? Are those things even real? It occurred to me that because I was real, anything could be.  Max crouched down to my level and put his head in the crook of my neck. I could faintly feel little kisses being placed up to my ear. Need filled my body and a sigh left my lips. Max pulled away with a victorious grin and I scowled. 

"What is this? Why... Why do I feel this?"

"Sweetie, demons need love too." He chuckled and I frowned. Demons don't feel anything. Aren't they dead? Nothing added up, but I knew that Max was the only one that could answer these questions. If I didn't know demons existed then nobody would, right? My mind felt like jello, unable to understand my current situation. 

"But why me? I-I have a mate.... I never want to be associated with a demon. That's a ticket to Hell i'm sure." Max laughed and a blush rose to my cheeks for the thoughts that filled my head. He looked back at me with a smile on his face, showing his fangs. 

"It's sorta like a mate as you would say. Except obviously demons don't really have souls... So, it's more of like a partner for eternity I guess you would say."

"But I'm alive! I have a soul!" His face formed a frown and he scratched his chin as if he was confused. 

"I know. That's what doesn't make any sense to me. In most cases we never find our other half because they don't go where we go. I have only heard of stories of something like this."

"And?"

"Well... Obviously being with me is a sin as the big man would say, so when you die, you'll just be with me." A grin took over his face, as if he had just solved all of the world's problems. What did he think was going to happen? I was just going to accept being damned to Hell and leave my mate for him? I leaned my head back against the wall and pulled my knees to my chest. Why me? Max sat next to me and looked at me with curiosity. 

"Demons don't feel. You're lying. This is all bullshit. I'm not going to Hell for you. I'm never going to be with you because you're evil! Get it?!" I got up to leave, but was quickly yanked back down. As I met his eyes I thought I was going to pee my pants. His eyes had turned a deep crimson red and were watching me carefully. I wasn't sure how strong demons were, but I really didn't wanna find out so I turned to the second best thing. Acting.

"I just need time. I need to wrap my head around this. It's hard being told you're going to Hell and won't have a soul all at once. Okay?" Slowly, his eyes began to return to their normal violet color and he wrapped his arms around me. I hugged him back, in fear of what would happen if I didn't. He pulled away and smirked as I walked out the door feeling utterly confused. 

As I walked around campus, one word echoed around my head, Demon Demon Demon Demon. Maybe it was all a joke? Yet, I knew it couldn't be because eyes do not do that. I squealed as someone picked me up and twirled me around. I looked up to see Tyler with a grin on his face. I rolled my eyes, but managed a small smile.

"Hey Ty."

"Hey sunshine, what you up to?"

"Just taking a walk. I needed to think about some stuff."

"About us? Cuz I thought.... I thought we were doing good?"

"Oh. Yeah we're fine Tyler. I was thinking about my brothers actually." His eyes brightened and I kissed his cheek before waving goodbye. I knew I had to end things with him, but he was such a good guy and I didn't wanna hurt him.

Have you ever had that feeling when you swear your heart stops beating and feels like you've been punched in the stomach. That was how I felt when I reached my floor and saw the blonde from a few days ago smirking at me holding her dress in her hand. I waited until the elevator door closed and she was out of sight before falling to the floor and clutching my head in my hands. Tears began flowing down my face and I lost all track of time. The pain was unbearable and I never thought it would hurt that bad to be rejected. A pair of arms scooped me up and carried me somewhere. As I opened my eyes I could make out Luke's apartment and he was holding me. I screamed and pushed him away from me as I tried to hold myself together. 

"I-I don't ever want to see you again. I Aria Daniels reject you Luke Trex as a mate." My heart pounded and felt as if it shattered, but that was not as near as bad as the look on Luke's face. His face held utter despair and heartbreak. 

"Aria, I love you. Don't do this, please?"

"I can't be with a cheater, my mother dealt with this and I sure as hell won't."

"Her?! Aria! I didn't do anything! She came in here and she started stripping and I told her to get out! That's it!"

"Why would you even let her in!?!? She's a pack whore Luke!"

"I-I wasn't ever gonna cheat on you. I wouldn't ever do that. She wanted to talk... I thought I owed that to her." I scowled and motioned for him to come to me. He came closer and I hugged him. He quickly wrapped his arms around me. There was only one problem. He smelled just like her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So guys I'm glad to say there's another chapter! I hope you guys enjoyed it! I really have to decide where I want to go with this story. If I should make it a darker story or keep it more upbeat and dramatic? I don't know. Anyways comment or inbox me what you guys think! I hope you liked it!

VOTE

COMMENT

BECOME A FAN!