Chapter 20

Alyssa's POV

Nandito kami ni Viannei sa airport. We are waiting for our flight to be called. After 15 minutes we are already boarding.  Nung nahanap ko na ang seat ko nagulat ako ng may biglang nagsalita sa likod ko.

"Alyssa !?"

"Tito Tony,,,,oh i am sorry... Atty!"

"It's okay Alyssa, call me tito Tony. Masyadong formal ang Atty.  After all  i am a family friend..."

"S-sige ho tito."

"How are you Alyssa?."

"I am fine tito, kayo po?"

"Well, i am okay....Are you travelling alone, where is Kiefer?"

"He's busy with basketball as usual tito, i guess!"

"Hahaha. He really loves playing basketball, right?"

"Yeah, he does. He loves it more than anything else.  And i am always the least on his priorities. Maybe that's why he filed for an--."

"But at least you two managed to work on your marriage....i am glad both of  you  didn't push through with the annulment"

"What!?"

"Huh?"

"I signed the petition for annulment tito. What do you mean we did not push through with the annulment?"

"Iha, the petition was not filed!"

"I don't understand tito"

"Well, after you signed the petition and you left my office, Bong asked me what could possibly delay the process of annulment. I told him nothing except from filing it late or worst, not filing it at all."

"But why would he ask that from you, tito?"

"Because he thinks that you and Kiefer need to talk about it first and settle your issues. He believes that you still love each other that's why he asked me not to file the petition."

"But why he didn't tell me about this?"

"You mean you didn't know?"

"I don't. I left after signing the petition. All i knew was my marriage with Kiefer was annulled."

"It wasn't. And all i thought was you  already knew about it. I am sorry Alyssa."

"You don't have to say sorry tito, I understand. I was just thinking why they did not tell me about it when i came back?... 7 years and i thought i was no longer married to him. Could it be..."

"Maybe Bong has his own reasons why he did not tell you. It would be better if you talk to him."

"I will." 🙄😏😒😔

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

New York

"You're spacing out again Alyssa..

"Mama Zonia, i am sorry."

"Why don't you go back to the philippines? Talk to your inlaws and ask them why didn't they tell you your marriage was not annulled?"

"I don't know. I really don't know what to think, what to believe, what to feel."

"Alyssa, it's been what, 1 month? Enough of all the drama. You deserve to be happy. I know you love him so much and he loves you too so much."

"Michael....."

"C'mon Alyssa, i've seen the love both of you have for each other. He's been longing to be with you, and i know you are too."