5

(Three Days Later)

"Dom?"

Dom and Rex looked up as Freddie came into their shared office.

"Hi, Fred. You look awful," Rex commented.

"I feel it," Fred said hollowly.

"What do you need?" Dom asked, shooting Rex a look.

"I... I think I need to report Tom missing," Fred whispered.

"You've still not heard from him?"

"No. Adrian says he hasn't called about missing work, or to let Adrian known when he'll be back. He's not contacted his mum, or been to see her yesterday, like they arranged. I don't think anyone's seen or heard from him in three days."

"Is it possible he's just... checked into a hotel somewhere?" Rex asked. "He left because he needed some time to cool off."

"I've left eighty three messages on his phone. Even if he needs space, he would at least let me know he's alright. I'm really worried."

Freddie's bottom lip trembled, and tears formed in his eyes.

"Okay."

Dom got up and wrapped his arm around Fred's shoulder, squeezing him gently.

"We'll run his phone number through our tracking programme. We can find out where he is from that, and then you can go and see he's alright."

Fred nodded gratefully.

Rex tapped Tom's number into his computer and waited for the results to come through.

"Alright, he's in a layby on the main road to the coast."

"I bet he just went to the seaside for a while to cool down," Dom said. "He likes the sea, right?"

Freddie nodded.

"Freddie, go down to my car and wait for us, okay. We just have to file some last-minute paperwork, and then we'll drive you to him, alright," Rex said.

"Okay. Thanks, guys."

Freddie left the office looking happier.

"We don't have any paperwork to file," Dom said, frowning at Rex.

"I know," Rex sighed. "I needed to get rid of him."

"Why?"

"Tom's phone signal hasn't moved for three days."

Dom swore aggressively.

"Do you think he was in an accident?"

"No. His car would've been towed." Rex answered. "Either he's within walking distance of a hotel or something and just left his phone in the car, or he's not been near his car for three days. Which is worrying."

Dom nodded.

"Don't tell Freddie, alright. Let's see what we find when we get there."

Rex nodded his agreement, and the pair left the office.