Chapter 7

I hear a heart beating. It's a relaxing beat. I only hear the passing of cars and I feel comfortable.

'Where am I? Oh right Nick.'

I move my head up to his shoulders and wrap my arm around his neck. He's so comfortable. I could lay here forever. He smells like weed and colon. It's smells refreshing for some reason. I hear him grip the steering wheel. His hands against the rubber. It's an unpleasant sound. I'm surprised we haven't been pulled over. I look up and his eyes are blood shot red and it emphasizes his blue eyes.

"Hey." He says with a smile.
"Hi" I flush
"How'd you sleep?"
"Fine, thank you. where are we?"
I just noticed that we are on a highway. There aren't any signs so I'm can't tell exactly where we are?"
"We are officially in Delaware." He bites his bottom lip.
"What!why? I have to be home! By 3! It's 11!"
"Don't worry I'll have you home in time." He places his hands on my back and gives me a reassuring smile. His smile eases my worries.
"But what if there's traffic? And why are we even in Delaware? what's in Delaware?"
"The beach, and if your so worried why don't you call your mom and let her know your staying after school?"
"That's not a bad idea actually? But what if she doesn't believe me?"
"Just tell her." He rolls his eyes.

I get off his lap and sit in the passenger seat. I pull my phone out of my back pocket. It's cracked. Shit. It must have crack after Chris pulled me to the grown. It still works. I dial my moms number and she answer after the third ring.

"Mom."
"Hola."
"I need to stay after school. I have to finish a project."
"Okay when will you be back?"
"Hold on one second." I put her on mute and turn to Nick.
"When will I be back?"
"Ummmm....er.... 5"
"Is 5 okay?"
"Okay that's fine. See you then."
"Thanks."

I fall sleep again, when I wake we are the beach. It's beautiful and breathtaking. He looks over at me and smiles. Wow. He has a gorgeous smile. He gets out and walks over as I remove my sweater. He opens the door and helps me out of the car.

"Oh wow you have a bruise on your thigh."
"Oh well." I shrug it off and he wraps his arms around my waist. It feels nice to feel safe. He's kind and right now that's what I need. My legs feel like jell-o and I trip over the wooden step. He pulls me closer, stabilizing me.

"Thanks." I smile.
"No problem" he laughs.
"Stop laughing at me!" I hit him on his stomach.
"Sorry, it was just a bit funny." He try's to contain his humor.
"Shut up." I say while trying to keep a serious face.

We walk onto the beach and we stop and stare at the amazing view. I feel so relaxed right now. So calm, hearing the ocean is a soothing sound. It's always made me relax.

"Let's get in." He suggest
"We don't have swim suits."
"But we have underwear."
"Than how am I going to explain to my mom that my clothes are wet?"
"We go to my place and dry them there, duhhhh."
"Ummmm i don't thi-" before I finish
My sentence he throws me over his shoulder and removes my shoes and socks. And than he's removing his.
"Omg no, I don't want to get wet!"
"Oh well!"
Next thing I know he flings me into the water. It's freezing cold but the sun is out and it feels nice on my skin. I get up and turn around and find him charging towards me.

"Why did you do that!!!!???" I splash water in his face and he looks at me and gasps. He grabs me and wraps me in his arm and splashes water on my face while laughing.

"No stop my eyes." I push him off and cover my face.
"Oh Alex I'm sorry... I didn't me-"
"Ha gotcha" I splash him and he turns around and I jump on his back.

This is so relaxing. I haven't had this much fun in years. I don't think I've ever had this much fun.

I get off him and he turns around and hugs me. My head is on his chest and I hear his heart beating at a fast pace. He's panting and I can tell he's smiling. It feels nice to be held.