Chapter 3

Today is Rodrick's funeral. I don't think I can do it. "Come in baby.", Rodrick's mom said softly pulling my arm.

"I can't do this. I can't go. I can't see him like this.", I said as a tear dropped.

"You need to baby, I know it's hard but you need to."

...

I look at Rodrick's body and instantly fell to me knees. "Come back baby! Please come back! Rodrick please! You left us!", I cried as people tried picking me up.

After they got me up they sat me by his mom.

Time went by so fast. I honestly didn't hear what they said until they called my name. I slowly stood up and took the mic. "I'm sure most of you know me, some probably don't but I was Rodrick's girl. I was more than his girl, I was his partner, I was his love, and I would've been his baby mother but I'm going through a miscarriage as we speak.", I said with a crack in my voice. People gasped and put their hands over their mouths. "I loved Rodrick with all my heart and I wish I would've married him. He was my backbone. We had our toxic moments earlier in the relationship but we stayed cause it was times we only had each other. I just wanna sing a song cause I can't be up here much longer.", I cried. I started singing.

Before I could finish the song I dropped down. "God please bring him back.", I cried as people came and grabbed me.

...

We looked at his casket in silence. Rodrick's brother started singing and the younger people who knew the song started joining in.

"I'd be lying if I didn't say I really miss my dawg.", I cried as I joined in.

...

We're at the repast. Some people are eating and shit I'm just sitting here telling myself how stupid I am for not marrying him.

While I was thinking somebody came and sat in front of me. I looked and it was his baby momma. We hugged. "I'm sorry for your lost.", she said.

"Thank you.". I said sniffing.

"I know this might be the wrong time but-" I know she's not about to ask for no money. She hugged. "The dog tag you got him, why wasn't he buried with it?"

"He didn't have it on we he came back to me, he had it in when he left though."

"Why would someone take that?", she asked shaking her head.

"I don't even know.", I said.

...

"Rest in peace my angel."