Author's Note

Support me to read chapters from Beating Hearts and Alejandro before they're released to anywhere else! https://www.patreon.com/LaylaKnight

Hi all,

This isn't a bonus chapter, unfortunately. It's just a little bit of shameless self-promo. I would love it if you guys could check out some of my other stories, both on Wattpad and Inkitt!

1. HALF OF A LOVE STORY (romance/mystery);

"What happens when he's your Prince Charming, but you're not his Cinderella?"

Essentially, a story of unrequited love. Alexis is dead, she killed herself 2 years ago. Her dad finds her diary and decided to read it, which reveals everything that happened leading up to her death.

2. BEATING HEARTS (romance);

Excerpt - Her eyes misted over as she stared at the happy couple. "Do you think that'll be us one day?" She sighed, leaning back into him.

Leaning down, he nuzzled his face in her neck and wrapped his arms around her middle, breathing in the vanilla scent of her shampoo. "My heart beats for you and you only. I'll stand by your side no matter what, for as long as you'll have me."

She turned around in his arms in lightning speed, her eyes wide with disbelief. "Did you just propose to me?"

"It depends whether you want to be proposed to or not." He shrugged, pulling her closer to him as their bodies swayed to the rhythm of the slow song.

She attempted to scowl but couldn't control her smile. "I guess we won't know that until it actually happens."

The song came to an end then, and all couples pulled away to clap for the newly weds whom had just finished their first dance.

Once it had quietened down and the live band started the next song, he merely smirked in response, untangled himself from her and began walking in the direction of the open bar. "I guess so."

3. GENESIS (sci-fi);

Genesis. Perfection will never be enough.

It's 2065 and science has overtaken humanity.

The rich are handpicking features they would like their children to possess. Using the discovery of Germ Line Engineering, scientists are able to create these 'perfect' children that everyone so badly desires.

At first, it was just a few people getting it done but now, everyone who has money is doing it. They are designing their children to be smarter, better looking, more athletic.

Perfect. Superior.

Follow Preston through this corrupt, inhumane society as he lives life as one of the Unimproved.

-

All of my stories can be found on Inkitt for FREE! If you would like to read exclusive bonus chapters and read chapters early for my new stories, you can find me here:

https://inkitt.app.link/RA__illuminating_

Support me to read chapters from Beating Hearts and Alejandro before they're released to anywhere else! https://www.patreon.com/LaylaKnight

Both links can also be found on my Wattpad profile

Layla Knight

13.01.2020