The Hunted chapter 5

Chapter 5

After we ate all the food my stepdad had packed me we all went out to go catch fireflies so we could use them as a light in a jar.

"Have you ever wanted to touch a star?" I asked Kaden.

"Wouldn't you burn up if you did that?"

"I don't know." I said frowning as I starred up at the stars.

"Did your mom love you?" Kaden suddenly asked.

"I think so." I said. "Why?"

"I'm just wondering."

"I guess if she didn't, she would have just let me live with my real dad." I said.

"What was your real dad like?" He asked.

"Well he was the football coach at our high school, and he had that face that screamed touch me and I'll kill you, but on the inside he was just a big fluffy bunny with a soft heart." I said.

"Why did your mom and dad divorce?"

"Your filled with questions." I laughed. "Mom wanted the divorce so she could marry my stepdad, because he's rich." I said.

"What happened to your real dad after that?" He asked.

"Well, the first few weeks of the divorce he was depressed, but then he sprung back up. We used to talk everyday at school. Then two years. ago he died." I said.

"How?"

"How what?" I asked.

"How did he die?" Kaden asked.

~Don't trust him.~ Sara said.

"Shut up Sara." I said smacking my head.

"What?" Kaden asked.

"Sorry." I said. "Sara was just...never mind." I said.

"Ok, so how did your dad die?" He asked again.

"He...he...just died."

"No, he can't be that old, there has to be a reason why he died." Kaden said.

"He ugh! He was...he was in a coffee house to get coffee. Two guys were fighting, and my dad stepped in. He was stabbed in the throat by a pocket knife, and died instantly." I sad as tears started streaming down my face.

"Why are you crying?" Kaden asked.

"I-I miss him."

"Was you dad a good guy?" Kaden asked.

"Yeah!" I said.

"Well then you should be happy! He's a good guy in a better place. You should be smiling not crying." Kaden said.

I started wiping away my tears and Tyler and Keegan came running over towards us with two jars of fireflies.

"Good job guys." Kaden said.

"Kelsey are you ok?" Keegan asked.

"Yeah...I'm great." I said smiling. "Can I hold a jar?" I asked.

"Sure." Keegan said handing me his.

I looked inside closely. The tiny little bugs butts were lighting up.

"Do they have flashlights in there butts?" I asked.

"No." Tyler laughed.

"Then how do their butts light up?" I asked.

"I don't know." Tyler and Keegan said at the same time.

"Hmm." I said as we all walked back to the tree house. Keegan took back the fireflies, and we all climbed in the tree house.

"Here." Keegan said handing me a towel. "Use it as a pillow."

"Ok." I said bundling it all up. Keegan was already on the left side of me, and Tyler was on the right. Kaden was still outside. I starred up at the ceiling and started thinking about mine and Kaden's conversation.

'You should be happy! He's a good guy in a better place. You should be smiling not crying.' I smiled as I thought of dad. Kaden's right. I should be happy.

"Kelsey, are you still awake?" Kaden whispered as he walked in.

"Yeah." I whispered back.

"Come here." Kaden said. I listened and quietly got up without waking up Keegan and Tyler.

"What?" I asked as Kaden grabbed my hand and led me down the tree house to the rocks by the water hole. "What's going on Kaden?" I asked.

"Shh." He said. "Look at the water." He said. The moonlight was hitting it perfectly. It was bright and shining.

Kaden grabbed my hand and squeezed it a little.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

"What was your real dads name?"

"Matt." I said.

"Your moms name?"

"Sofia." I said.

"What's your whole name?"

"Kelsey Matt Raylin Hayley Parker."

"You have three middle names?"

"Yeah, what's your full name?" I asked.

"Kaden Dawn Warner." He said. "My moms name was Dawn, my dad was Patrick."

"Why were you sent out here?" I asked. His hand tightened around mine.

"My parents didn't want me anymore." He said.

"Why not?" I asked.

"I got in a fight, and the guy I was fighting killed a man who tried to help us."

"What happened?" I asked. "Who did the guy kill? What were you fighting about? Who did the guy kill?"

"Calm down." Kaden said. "We were in a coffee house. The guy I was fighting with is dead now, his name was James. We were fighting because he was trying to steal my money. He pulled out a pocket knife. A man tried helping us stop fighting. James went crazy and stabbed the man that was trying to help in the throat. The guy died almost instantly." Kaden said.

"W-w-what was the name of the man who was killed?" I asked.

"...Matt Parker." Kaden said squeezing my hand.

"My- my dad! Your part of the reason he's dead?" I asked.

~I told you not to trust him! Kill him!~ Sara said.

"I-I yes I am." Kaden said. "I didn't mean for any of it I happen though! I didn't even want to fight!"

"...it's ok." I said.

"But, I'm the reason your dads dead."

"Like you said earlier I should be happy! He's a good guy in a better place. I should smile not cry. You should do the same." I said taking a deep breath.

"Kelsey...I'm sorry." Kaden said before hugging me tightly.

"For what? You didn't kill him." I said.

"Your amazing." Kaden said hugging me even tighter.

~~~~

Vote

Comment

Fan

Like!

I might be able to upload tomorrow! I'm trying to upload as much as I can because I'm pretty sure I'm gonna be grounded pretty soon because of my grades...

Civics = a freakin hard class!!!! I have a 71!!! :'( I'm gonna be dead dog meat! AHHH! Hahahaha!

Anyways, thanks for reading!

I love you!!! :D <3

<3 Chappytherabbit