The Hunted

Chapter one!

"Get out."

"What?" I asked my stepdad.

"Take your stuff, and get out of the car!"

"Why?"

"Just do it!" He yelled. I did what he said, and got out. As soon as I slammed the door shut he sped off. What is going on? I started looking around, all I could see is trees, trees, and more trees.

~Your dad just ditched you dude!~ Tracy said in my head.

~You should have killed him!~ Sara said in my head.

I tried ignoring them and started walking off into some direction.

"I wouldn't go that way if I were you." A guy said from behind me scaring the crap out of me.

"What?"

"You'll die if you go that way." He said. His dirty blond hair hung in his face.

"Who are you?" I asked.

"I'm Tyler." He said smiling. He only wore a pair of torn up shorts and a necklace. He had scars all over his chest and he had patches of dirt all over him. "What's your name?"

"Kelsey." I said. "Where am I?"

"You're in a place I like to call the land of death." He said.

"Why do you call it that?"

"If you can't live in the woods, you won't survive, and you'll die."

"Well why am I here?" I asked.

"I'll explain later, just come with me." He said grabbing my arm and dragging me into the woods.

"Why are we running?" I asked.

"Because, we're on the hunter's trail! We'll be fine once we get to the tree house." He said.

After a minute of running, we got to a huge tree house! It was like one of those tree houses everyone wants! It had wooden bridges to other houses too! It was so cool!

Tyler went up first and I followed. Once we got all the way up Tyler grabbed my wrist and pulled me around the tree house.

"Kaden! Keegan!" He yelled. "Kaden! Keegan!" He yelled again. "I guess they're not back yet." He said.

"You actually live here?" I asked.

"Yeah." He said smiling at me. "Oh! You've got to look at this! It's so cool!" He said pulling me across one of the bridges into an other tree house. We went through the tree house then out to a balcony thing. If you looked down you could see a huge water hole with a waterfall. It was so clear and sparkling.

"Whoa!" I said smiling.

"Hey Tyler we're back!" A guy yelled from the ground.

"Guys! I have a surprise!" He yelled back to them. Tyler grabbed my wrist again and dragged me back to the first tree house we were in earlier.

"What kind of surprise?" One of them asked before climbing into to tree house.

"Guys, this is Kelsey."

"Where'd you get her?"

"From the hunter's trail."

"The hunters trail!!! She could be a hunter!"

"No, I seen her dad throw her out of the car."

"That could have been an act!" One of them said grabbing my arms and pulling them behind my back.

"It wasn't an act! She's never even heard of this place."

"How do you know?" The other guy asked. That was the first time I've heard him talk.

"I know, because I do! Just trust me!"

"Tyler, you're just so dumb!" The guy who was holding my arms back said letting go of me. "Secret meeting now."

Tyler sighed and followed the others. "Kelsey stay here."

"Ok." I said. I put my bag down on the ground and started looking through it. My stepdad packed it. I found four pairs of clothes, a gun with a bunch of bullets, a bag full of food, a water bottle, some rope, a pocket knife, and my dads watch he used to always wear before he died. It was a locket too. Dad put a small picture of him, mom, and me. I smiled.

~Aww that picture is adorable!~ Katey laughed.

"Where did you get all of that?" The guy who barely talked earlier said walking in.

"My stepdad packed it for me before he dropped me off here." I said.

"We're gonna have to take the gun and pocket knife away from you." He said grabbing it.

"Ok." I smiled. "What's your name?" I asked.

"Keegan." He said smiling back.

~~~~

New book! Hope you guys like! :D

Thanks for reading!

<3 Chappytherabbit!