CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

I have a lot of stories in mind and I seriously want to write 'em all! It's just that I wanted to finish this one first ;) Definitely I'll write Vince's story too and watch out he's coming again! :)

Thank you so much and Happy 35k reads to The Royal Contract!

XOXO

-Camilla Eldridge

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

I was laughing my heart out at Jeanne. He was running crazily! I brought him in the muddy place where the piglets were,

And guess what?

Right now he was trying to get one. While I laugh my heart out!

I told him that we will cook it as the main dish on his birthday celebration and he was excited about it.

What he didn't know was it was very hard to catch one!

I was still laughing. I'm sitting on a wooden long, high chair, my legs crossed and did I mention I was laughing? Never did I thought he will play my game. On the middle of the game the guards were asking him if he needs help but he said he doesn't.

His before sweaty shirt is now muddy and he was still chasing the piglets. I took photos of him, and when he said he didn't need help I asked the guard to take a real near photo of Jeanne. I have to frame that! It was his first!

It took minutes and finally when he dived he already caught one. The helpers help him and tied the piglets down. I stood up from my seat, stomach aching for what he just did. He was still cute though he was really sweaty and haggard. I smiled at him and shouted, "I would like to hug you and congratulate you for catching the pig but you're dirty" I said.

He was catching his breath, glaring at me. His hands were on his sides and slowly walking towards me. Uh-oh

I started to walk back, only to feel bodies behind me—the guards.

I looked at them, and they were not smiling at me. They walk towards me too, causing me to walk back towards Jeanne. Little did I know he was already behind me...

Lifting me...

And throwing me in the mud.

"Jeanne!" He was laughing and pasting muds on my face. His whole body was on top of me and as I struggle, the more muds were on me. I fought back and placed muds in his face too.

I love it. This little place where we can do all these things without even wondering if it will affect our status? I love it. We are just plain human here no need to protect our image.

"I surrender!" I finally said and he move away from me and lay down on the mad too and catching his breath.

"You're crazy" I said in between my breath.

"It was fun wasn't it?"

"It was!" I shouted and breathed again.

"I think we should go often here" he said and I looked at him. "It's a place where we can do whatever we want freely." He was thinking the same way as I am.

"This is where I spend my summer with my grandfather. He usually spends the weekends with me here. No calls from the office and any form of work interruptions. He was introducing me to this life. The life that gave everything to me but I wasn't really in love with farming."

"It gives you no thrill" he said in an as-a-matter-of-fact voice. "Yes."

I held his hand, "This life we're having is thrilling. I've started changing because of you Jeanne, and I guess I still can." I said with hope.