CHAPTER FORTY SIX

CHAPTER FORTY SIX

It was a closed case for us. Apparently, dad and the certain Elisa did not had "their own kid" but they had a foster kid to take care of.

She used a disguised when she talked with dad that day. Reason why he did not notice her.

Jeanne and I talked about what Lyra said...about Jeanne and Pauline.

He immediately held me and made me face him....

And with all sincerity and honesty, swearing on all Gods, he said,

"Baby, I promise, nothing happened... She tried to seduce me...but we didn't! God! Believe me baby. I never did!" He held me on the face, forcing me to look at him,

"That night, when she seduced me, I...I thought of you. You were all I am thinking about since you left me. I've been reading your note every single day, every hour, every time I miss you"

That was when I had a chance to ask,

"Why didn't you look for me?"

He shut his eyes, having a hard time answering.

He breathed hard, "Because I was... I was listening to my mind." He mutter.

"I wanted to see you, look for you, be with you...but I've been convincing myself that it is not right."

"When I knew you were pregnant, I was convincing myself that it is all about the baby...but it wasn't. It was you baby. Only you"

That is the big difference between Lyra and I.

We were both miserable.

But I did not let that misery live within me forever.

Sadly, she grew up with anger in his heart.

And she grew up lonely.

Sadness is actually addicting. When you are continuously sad, it easily becomes a habit, causing you to have a low self-esteem and low self-confidence.

Who can cure it?

A lot actually.

Just look around you and open your eyes for the people who loves you.

Because it was never true that no one loves you.

There is still a gap between the siblings and dad, but I am wishing that in the future they will be alright.

Jeanne always didn't want to talk about it.

But I always tell him that if mom was able to forgive dad, then why can't they?

One day when we were talking about it again, he had an answer to that, because mom was blinded by her love and she was not thinking right to actually forgive him always.

I answered him, not intending to hurt him.

I told him that I forgave him even if he called me slut and cheated on me I forgave him.

Guilt haunted him, and he has been sad for days, apologizing, asking me if I can forgive him, that he knows that the words he said to me hurts.

It wasn't my intention to really brought up the past, my intention was actually for him to compare and in the end he still said he is not yet ready.

Yet.

Meaning, at the right time he will.

Yesterday, Jeanne just opened the first ever Subway on Lexumbia.