Chapter Twenty-Six: The Odd Elf Returns

Trust me when I say that it was difficult for the five boys to drag the twins away before they could tear Lockhart apart limb from limb. Their amulets, not to mention somewhere deep in their minds, were working overtime to keep them calm. One slip-up and their entire secret will be blown sky-high.

"How on Demeter's green earth did that spawn on the Underworld even get into this school, let alone as a professor," Melody yelled.

"Where is the nearest patch of Devil's Snare," Krinos growled. "I'll feed him to it, bring him back, just to strangle him with my bare hands."

What the two didn't know was that they were screaming and shouting in their native tongue. They were pacing in front of their brother's bed ranting and raving in Greek. Harry found it very entertaining to hear just how creative his siblings could get with their magical and physical threats. Fred, George, Neville, Oliver, and Cedric were all just confused. Percy, who had joined them near the beginning of their rant, was equally confused.

"Do we even want to know what they're saying," Percy asked the only non-ranting Greek in the hospital wing.

"Let's just say that Lockhart should be very thankful that he is not this here, right now," Harry said.

"Never thought that I'd be scared of two twelve-year-olds," Cedric says.

"Trust me when I say that they can be a hell of a lot scarier than this," Harry chuckled. "Ask any demon that has met them."

"Do you guys face these demons often," Neville asks.

"Not as often as you might think, but generally we vanquish at least one demon a week," Harry says. "Maybe more if we're facing the Swarm demons, the Kazi demons, or really any of the demon tribes that like to travel in groups when hunting."

"And what exactly," Fred started asking.

"Do they hunt," George finished the question.

"Innocents," Harry pretty much summed up in one word.

That drove a dark aura over them, going unnoticed by the two angry twins that still have not stopped their pacing for yelling in their native tongue.

"They... they kill people," Cedric stuttered.

"Mundanes, magicals, name a living thing and they'll kill it," Harry talked like this was an everyday thing to him, which it probably was.

"They... they don't care," Neville stuttered, obviously the most frightened of all those there since he always seemed naturally timid.

"There are demons that have specific desires when it comes to who they kill," Harry explained. "For starters, the Imp Master kills good samaritans after he tricks them into a secluded space on the guise of asking for help with an injured or sick loved one. We always hated him more than others because it's like he punishes people for trying to be a good person."

The other boys were disturbed by what he was talking about. They were thankful that their country was ignored by these things, remembering Harry telling them that at last year's welcoming feast. But that also meant that the rest of the world was facing these things on an almost daily basis. It almost made them feel selfish about it.

"Is that even the worst of them," Oliver was not very hopeful.

Harry shook his head, what they feared he would do.

"Demons come in all shapes, sizes, and species," Harry says. "The demon of fear kills unmarried witches by bringing their greatest fears to life. The demonic furies force bad people to hear the cries of their victims before forcing smoke inhalation on them. Power Broker demons force demonic powers into mundanes until the power literally burns through their humanity and bodies. The Necromancer demon kills other magical creatures in order to absorb their spirits. I always thought that the Invisible Friend was the worst out of all of them."