Chapter Six

Chapter Six

A month later, and no one had come forward. The prince decided to take matters into his own hands and go to each house. He has special documents with all the children in the kingdom, this will make the search much easier, he’ll check the birth certificates and then only go to the houses with women between the ages of sixteen and twenty-two, unsure of how old the girl he danced with actually was. He wants to know if the girl he has been thinking about is still out there somewhere. Each house he went to, he had no luck. She wasn’t the right height or she didn’t have that slightly crooked nose.

It was a hard job but the prince was determined to find this girl and ask for her hand in marriage.

When the prince got to Ava’s house her father answered the door. Letting the prince in right away, they started to talk. Ava stood at the top of the stairs eavesdropping on the conversation. The prince asked Ava's father about his crops. Father said that they're harvesting them now, hoping to get a few extra dollars before the frost went into the ground.

Soon the prince asked the question he was waiting to ask; if he could speak to his daughter. Ava's father called out to Ava, surprising her, and causing her to hit her head off the wall accidentally. Ava rubbed her head, feeling for a bump that thankfully wasn’t there. She slowly made her way down the stairs not wanting to give the impression she was eavesdropping.

“Hello your highness,” Ava greeted the prince with. The prince smile, mentally ticking off notes in his head; she had the slightly crooked nose, those beautiful eyes. He explained what he was at the Carson’s house for asking Ava if she would mind going through the test. Ava smiled, of course I don’t mind my prince, I’ll pass with flying colours, Ava thought.

The prince asked for her hand, “Would you like to dance my fair lady?” Ava placed her hand in the princes’ warm one, he dragged her into his body and then they were swaying back and forth. The prince asked her the questions he asked a month ago.

The two had the same amount of fun together they had all those weeks ago. Ava couldn’t keep the smile off her face when she spoke to the prince, she laughed at his jokes that weren’t at all funny but he was too cute that she couldn’t help herself.

The prince kissed both of Ava’s cheeks before he said, “I’m sure you’re the girl I spent hours with a month ago. Am I right?” The prince smiled at Ava which caused her to blush.

                “Took you long enough, love, but yes,” Ava said and the prince laughed. He then asked her to be his bride, which she said yes. She couldn’t be happier, the dream was finally continuing. 

                                                                FIN. 

Hello how is everyone? Well that’s it for Magical Tabby, how did everyone like it? I’m hoping even the tiniest bit since I decided to put it on the internet, oh gosh. Anyway hopefully I’ll have a new story soon. Thank you if you took the time out of your day to read my *probably* terrible story.