Heart 33: Conflicted

"I might break because of the truth but tell me, Zirrius..."

AVERY

I moved closer to Zirrius and whisper to him. "I don't think he's the one we are looking for. Try to find the black crescent moon on him," I said.

Kumunot ang noo niya. "How can you tell that he's not Seth?" tanong ni Zirrius.

"I saw a different aura," sabi ko. "Seth only has black and red aura but your uncle's aura is mixed with a purple one too. I doubt that he's the one."

Naguguluhang tumingin sa 'kin si Zirrius. "I don't know how to feel about it. Hindi ko alam kung matutuwa ba ako kung hindi siya si Seth. If you're right, then he's a victim too. And I don't want the truth to mess with my feelings right now," sagot ni Zirrius.

"I'll free him if he's not Seth. Don't worry too much. You can leave it to me," sabi ko. Ayaw kong guluhin pa ang isip niya habang nasa gitna kami ng labanan. "Let's just finish this and find the real one. Maybe Seth is just watching and hiding in the dark."

Tumango si Zirrius. "Thank you." I can feel the sincerity in his voice. Sa tingin ko may pakialam pa rin siya sa uncle niya.

The next light rays coming from the medallion shattered my shield as I moved away from Zirrius. The medallion is just too powerful but we need to focus on the king first. Hindi ito titigil sa paghabol sa 'kin. Nararamdaman ko na gusto nitong kunin ang kaluluwa ko. Hangga't walang sakripisyo, hindi ito titigil.

Nakalapit na si Zirrius sa hari. He slashed his way to him. He's really determined to find the black crescent moon mark on him. He successfully cut some of the king's clothes just to expose his skin. I help him by creating wind and attacking the king to distract him while dodging the lights coming from the medallion.

Mas lalong nagliliwanag ang magic circle. I'm just afraid that it will be fully activated soon. Ano'ng mangyayari kung matapos ang ritwal ni Seth? I need to move faster. I threw all the magic I can muster towards the king's direction. Ginagawa ni King Aulius ang lahat upang iwasan ang pag-atake ko habang sinasangga ng espada niya ang bawat atake ni Zirrius.

Zirrius sliced through the cloth covering the King's neck. The black crescent moon has been exposed. I am stunned to see the truth revealed in my eyes. Kung ganoon hindi talaga siya si Seth? Muntik ko ng hindi maiwasan ang pag-atake ng medalyon. Nadaplisan ang braso ko at lumabas ang dugo mula roon. Napangiwi ako sa sakit at mariing kinagat ang labi habang tumatakbo palayo.

"You're not Seth!" galit na sigaw ni Zirrius. Sa tingin ko, mas galit siya kay Seth kaysa kay King Aulius. I see the conflicted emotions in his eyes. Ramdam ko ang pagdadalawang-isip ni Zirrius sa sumunod na atake niya dahil sa nakumpirmang katotohanan. He's distracted. Samantalang si King Aulis naman ay walang pakialam sa sinasabi niya.

I have to do the ritual to erase the black crescent moon at the same time dodge the attacks from the medallion. "Hold him down while I'm doing the ritual," utos ko kay Zirrius.

"Leave it to me," sabi ni Zirrius. "Hindi siya ang totoong kalaban. Kailangan natin siyang maibalik sa dati upang mahanap na si Seth. He must pay for this. He must pay with his life."

"You think it's that easy?" King Aulius asks in a mocking tone.

"Even if it's hard, I still have to do it. I can't let that wicked person rule this world. I can't let him rule over us," sagot ni Zirrius. "Don't follow that man. Resist his will. Nasaan si Seth?" he insisted to ask. "Ginagamit ka lang niya! Stop this now!"

Ngumisi si Haring Aulius. They are still thrusting and swinging swords at each other. Not resting at all. "Do you think you can defeat him? You can't even defeat me with your own hands. He's a formidable opponent."