[ 5 ] adumbrated

Mist

I gave him a tour of the school. It felt really good just to know that someone does talk to you though you can't reply back. I'm usually very boring in that sense.

Just as he left for Math, which I dropped him off to, I saw Melanie's overly hyper friend Violet, or 'violence' as we call her, standing outside Madam Driselda's office. It wasn't an unusual thing. Violet was always getting into trouble for her hilarious pranks/tricks/trouble making. In my opinion she was a very fun person to be around. When I first joined this school I wanted to be her friend a lot. But then when the whole Gwendolyn episode took place I was just...just not so sure. Melanie, Violet and Hayley were amazingly close friends. Hayley was quite the opposite of Melanie and Violet though. They both were involved in almost everything going on while Hayley just stood and watched them doing it. More of the silent type I'd say. They got along pretty well until Hayley left the school. Violet was so Hayley-sick that she volunteered to kidnap her and even pay for the fee. And when Melanie asked from where she would get the money for it, she said she'd rob a bank. And then later on, Violet started having even more crazy ideas and Melanie got tired of explaining to her that that's not how things work and started blaming her and her annoying behavior for why Hayley left. And then both of them just went on blaming each other and transformed the whole squabble into a major fight. Everyone was watching the scene as it was the first time they ever fought. After all that fIghting they even stopped talking to each other for like one month. It was crazy. In the end someone told Hayley what happened and she came to their house and had a sleepover or something.

You might ask me how I know all this because I don't apparently have any friend. But what you don't notice is the best point of being mute. You know all the gossip going around because you listen to what's going on. For example, this whole piece of info, I got from some girl in cafeteria.

I still had my app on so I decided to go and ask her what was going on. Usually it's something interesting and fun that I almost always miss.

I went to her and gave her a smile which she returned.
"Hey" I...sorry, the phone told.
"Umm...hi? You kinda startled me because I'm not used to...you know," She said pointing at me and my phone.
"That's fine. I get that a lot. So what's wrong? Why're you here?" I asked, looking confused and ignorant.
"Mist, there's no need for you to be so formal. Melanie would have laughed to see me here. I know that you know I get into trouble often," She said, smirking.
"Then enlighten me with your problem," I said, winking.

"Well...Ikindastolemadamdriselda'smeritlistandchangedittoputmelanie'snameinitbecauseiwasgivenadarebyagirlwhothoughtshewascoolbutinfactshewasjustjealous," she said, all in one breath.

"Umm. What? Can you say that again, a little slower, 'cause I didnt really understand you." I said. She really was the jumpy kind of girl.

"Okay," she took a deep breath and said,"I kinda stole Madam Driselda's merit list and changed it to put Melanie's name in it because I was given a dare by a girl who thought she was cool but in fact she was just jealous. Wait, you do know what a merit list is...right?" She asked looking at me hopefully. but the truth was that I didn't.

"Um. No. not really," I said, looking down.

"That's surprising. Well you should know you are in it too," she said.

"ME? Why would I be in any merit list, what ever that is?' I exclaimed, not understanding what she meant. Or how I would get into some list like that.

"It's a list of all students that have achieved something, not only outside in front of other people, but in the inside too, even if they aren't showing it. The reasons for why your put in there is written down too. I did read your's, and I really hope you don't mind. Curiosity killed the cat, you know? It said that you were an amazing poet. I really didn't know you write poems! If its true then I suggest you show it to someone. I mean why would you hole it up like that and stash it somewhere? If I were you, I sure would show it to the entire world and probably frame two or three in our house. Then again, I'm not like you, so it's your decision," she rambled.