Chapter thirty-Five: Calm before the storm

Y/n's POV

"How about tomorrow then? Sure I can reschedule... It's fine sehun... Tomorrow it is." I hung up and lay back down to bed beside a sleeping Jihyo.

I checked the time to see it was 12 noon and I sighed closing my phone.

"Hey.." Jihyo said turning to me. She slipped herself into my arms so She can lay on me peacefully.

"Sehun had an emergency at work. I rescheduled for tomorrow night." I updated her and she nodded, her eyes closed.

"Sounds good love.." She whispered and begins to sleep again.

"Hey." I said a sudden Idea flashed my mind.

"Hm?" She hummed

"We haven't had a proper date since last two months ago until today." I said realizing.

"Really?" Jihyo said still unbothered. I clicked my tongue and laughed.

"Want to go on a date with me?" I asked and Jihyo still remained by my arms not wanting to move.

"Sure babe. When?"

"Now." I said and Jihyo sat up looking at me.

I chuckled. "What?" I asked in my innocent smile and she stood up getting a towel and went straight to the bathroom.

"Babe!" I laughed at her actions. "Does this mean you agree?" I asked loudly.

"Yes! Now go take a shower in the guest bedroom!" She shouted and I heard the water running.

I laughed and stood up following her order before she can scold me again.

'Gosh I love her too much.'

~~

"You took me to a park?" Jihyo asked but I chuckled.

"Think again." I teased and Jihyo looked at her surroundings to see the same old swing that was a rubber tire and a rope hung onto an old tree.

"Oh my god!" Jihyo squealed in delight and ran to the swing. I smiled widely, I knew she would love it.

She sat slowly on the tire, gripping on the rope tightly as she should.

"This hasn't been taken off?" She asked and I went behind her, pushing her gently. I chuckled at her looking up and down.

"I made sure no one laid a finger on it ever since. But when I left for a few years I was also suprised it hasn't been taken down." I informed her and Jihyo smiled when she looked back at me.

"I miss this." She said and I just smiled at her while pushing her to the air to feel the breeze of coldness hitting her face.

Me and Jihyo met here when I was strolling. Younger kids picked on her because she has huge eyes. One day a boy found Jihyo swinging herself on the swing and he pushed her off of it and destroyed the swing by cutting the rope loose. She said those boys always teased her about her eyes. I ofcourse stepped in and threatened the kids away like anybody should. Jihyo was hurt, not because of her scratched elbow but because the swing is destroyed. She said that was the only thing that made her feel safe. By feeling the cold air pass by her hair.

"Gosh I forgot about this ever since.." Jihyo said as she finished playing by the swing. I helped her get off of it and held my hand tightly as we walk slowly

"Like it?" I asked and Jihyo non-doubtly nodded. I just pinched her cheeks at her cuteness.

"I love this.." Jihyo whispered as she hugged my left arm. We were only walking slowly so we can look at our surroundings.