Chapter thirty-three: "Time of death, 12:02 a.m.."

No one's POV

When everyone had their turn visiting Matthew they were crying when they exited his room. They talked to him spilling every love they have for him. Eli could hardly say anything because she kept crying. Afraid to lose the one person who made her feel alive when she was younger back then.

But all things must come to an end, they say.

Y/n was anticipating wether to go in the room or not. She was too guilty by the fact she kept cursing her father when he came back in the picture. But the words 'I forgive you' keeps surrounding her head in her fathers' voice. Jihyo didn't want to pressure her into going so she just told her to take her time, even though they both know they ARE running out of time for this.

Y/n found the courage to go inside to find matthew pale and tired. Sure she saw him like this back in Nayeon's house, but all the hospital monitors attatched to him says otherwise. Y/n didn't want to break down crying in front of her father probably because everyone who had visited him already did so.

"Dad.." She said and matthew's eyes sprung open. His eyes were half open but could still see clearly to see his daughter in pain.

"Y/n.. Come here." He said gesturing to his side. There was a chair the same height at the bed making it easy to hold his hand.

It has been 11 hours since they had known matthew wasn't going to last a day. So it was currently 11:23 at night, sadly.

"Are you okay? You seem tired.." He asked gently and y/n shook her head honestly. Matthew could only sigh because there was nothing he could do to ease her pain.

"I'll miss you father..." She said her voice slowly breaking as the same time her heart does.

The man laying down on the bed mustered up to smile sadly. "Don't go causing trouble when I'm gone, okay?" He joked but y/n didn't smile. She didn't deserve to smile because of her fathers' poor state.

"I'm sorry y/n. I have not been honest with your sickness, similar to mine." He said in all seriousness. Y/n looked down tears forming in her eyes.

"I was afraid on what your reaction might be when I will tell you, you might be in the same situation as me. I don't want to see my daughter's eyes in pain when she learned that she's sick. It's too much for me to bare." He confessed making y/n drop her tears uncontrollably.

"I u-understand dad. There's nothing to be sorry for." Y/n said.

Matthew smiled once again, holding y/n's hand tightly. "You take care of Jihyo. I might be away from you all these years, but I saw the way you looked at her when you were both teens. I'm happy to know you're in a relationship with a wonderful woman like her."

Y/n smiled a bit, hearing her fathers' approval.

"But tell me, Does she know?" He asked curiously but y/n shook her head disappointedly.

Matt sighed. "She must know by now y/n. What if you suddenly have a panic attack? Or worse, end up like me all of a sudden? I know how you feel."

"Your mother didn't know until I had a shock one day when we were just engaged. She kept crying and keep scolding me for not telling her. I loved her too much that I shielded her from the pain of knowing what I have. I know what it feels like y/n. But this time I won't tell you what to do because Jihyo is your girlfriend. You make your own decision and I don't have a say in it. All I can do is give you an advice.. Tell her before you regret it."

"What if she leaves me? I can't handle that dad.." Y/n said, scared. She has been hiding that secret for too long. Y/n couldn't honestly tell if Jihyo is going to help her or leave her.

"Then you are delusional to think so. Jihyo loves you y/n. Like Your mother loves me. But I'm sure what you two have is completely different from both your mother and I. Jihyo isn't one to run away from her problems. You should trust yourself that she would take care of you like she should be doing. For a time being she would be in pain. A lot of pain. Because learning that your soulmate might be suffering, Is a lot. I doubt that she would leave your side."

"Thanks father.. For everything. I might be a pain for the past few years, I hope you understand that I was just hurt. I love you."
Y/n said and hugged her father. It is the last time she will see him and touch him.

His heart monitor started to beep loudly and uncontrollably fast.

"I love you too y/n... and your mother and sisters'..." His voice started to fade and the beeping didn't make it easier for me to process.

"No!" y/n shouted and begged for him to wake up.

Eli who has been outside the door heard the shout and immidiately got inside to see what was happening. Her heart dropped to see her husband on the bed not moving.

She yelled for a doctor and rushed to his side
crying her eyes out.

Everyone came inside to see what was happening and was starting to freak out.

Jihyo ran to her lovers' side and pulled her away so the doctors can do their job.

Y/n kept pushing Jihyo away but she wasn't strong enough. Besides, y/n was crying and was too weak to fight back.

After a few seconds the heart monitor made a long beep sound which had then all worried and scared.

The doctors kept talking nonsense things and did cpr.

A minute flies by when the doctors stopped moving and stood back up.

The nurse turned off the heart monitor.

The doctor took off his face mask and read his watch out loud.

"Time of death, 12:02 a.m.."

~~