Are you okay?

Lexy's POV
As I brought them their drinks I felt a longing in my heart as they all laughed and teased each other. I want to sit down and join them so bad! I had a feeling that I would fit right in and could be comfortable with them, but then again I would stand apart. What would they do if they found out about what happened and that I'm just faking a smile. And would I be able to be around the guys much? Would it trigger my anxiety? Could I trust them? I set the tray on the table and start passing out the drinks. I'm met with a smile each time. I grab Woods' and walk around the table to hand it to him.
"You're total is $5 even." I said. He pulled out his wallet and handed me a $5 bill. As he did a waft of his subtle cologne washed over me. Strangely it's very comforting and I relax a little. "So what flavor did you pick for me?" He asked me. I gave him a smile and said " I did a simple Caramel Vanilla latte. I even put caramel drizzle on the whip." "Okay! Thanks! I appreciate it." He said. I gave him a small smile. They all stood and picked up their drinks. I watched as they walked to the door thanking me and saying goodbye. I gave them one last wave. When the door closed loneliness swept back into the shop. I pulled out my phone and saw that Jen had texted me. "I'm on my way to rescue you! 😉" I put my phone back into my pocket and decided to make me a coffee to boost my energy. It was one if my favorites. Caramel Vanilla. As I began making it I didn't hear the bell over the sound of the machine so I wasn't aware that someone had entered. As I put the mug down I grabbed the cream to do a design in my coffee. Suddenly I heard someone speak. "I brought you some lunch." I jumped and spilled some of the cream on the floor. "Oh my gosh I'm so sorry Lexy!! I didn't mean to startle you!" Natalie said. "I thought you would've heard the bell when I came in. I'm so sorry!" I grabbed a washcloth and started cleaning up my mess. "It's okay Nat, no harm done." I stood up and saw that she had brought Chick-Fil-A. "I got you a grilled chicken sandwich with waffle fries and a lemonade." I grabbed the bag and sat next to her at the counter. "Thanks Nat. I appreciate it. Do you want something to drink?" She shook her head. "I'll probably get something when I leave but you need to eat." I didn't argue. I pulled the sandwich and fries out of the bag and began to eat. We sat in silence as I ate. I didn't mind that much, at least I'm not alone at the moment. As I was finishing up my fries the bell rang signifying that someone had just entered. "I'm here! Sorry it took me so long. My parents got caught in traffic for a couple of hours. It's awfully quite in here. Must be a mild day today. Have we gotten much business today?" Jen chattered. She'll talk anyone's ear off but she can be calm and serious when the need arises. It's one of the things I've enjoyed about her lately. She's kept my mind engaged and away from the dark places for a few hours."Yeah, a fair amount. About 30 minutes ago a group of 5 came in." I told her. "That's good! How are you two doing?" She asked. She went behind the counter and started to clean the small messes. Her black hair wasn't in it's usual ponytail so it was constantly falling into her face no matter how many times she tucked it behind her ears. Natalie smiled again, "I'm good Jen! I thought I would stop by and bring Lexy some lunch." I'm glad she didn't say anything about this morning, I feel bad about what happened. I shouldn't have practically run out the door like I did. "I'm okay" I said. I could see concern flash in Nat's eyes but it was gone just as soon as it showed. It looked like Jen had noticed as well. She started asking Nat and I about our week and what we were doing thus weekend. "Amanda invited Lexy and I over Friday night for a bbq that she and Matt are doing." I started to zone out. The caffeine was wearing off and I felt like I was about ready to drop. The bell rang again and a steady stream of customers came in. I stood up and went behind the counter to give Jen a helping hand. Thankfully all of the orders except 2 were to-go. I suddenly felt very dizzy and leaned against the counter to steady myself. "Lex? You don't look very good, are you okay?" Jen asked. I shook my head."Why don't you go home and be done for the day. I think Jen agrees that you need a rest and she's more than capable of running the shop." Nat said. Jen nodded, "You go home and take a nap. Christie should be stopping by here soon so she can give me a hand if necessary. I'll swing by after work and we can watch a movie or something." I stood up and grabbed my stuff. Nat and I said goodbye to Jennifer and headed to our cars. Nat gave me a big hug before I got in my car. As I drove home I listened to some classic music. It wasn't very long before I arrived at the apartment. I unlocked the door and stepped inside. I set my backpack on the table, hung up my keys, and then went to my room. I took off my shoes and laid down. I was so exhausted I was asleep in no time. My last thought was seeing Woods smiling at me.

*Timeskip to that evening*

I woke up to the sound of voices in the living room. I sat up and rubbed the sleep from my eyes and saw that it was just after 7. I went to the bathroom before going out to the living room. Natalie was on the couch with Jen. They looked up as I walked in. "Hey, did you sleep well? You were  out cold when I got home. You looked really peaceful too." Nat said. I nodded, "I fell asleep immediately from sheer exhaustion." I said. I then smiled as realization dawned on me. "Guys, I just realized something!" The girls had mixed emotions on their faces so I couldn't tell what they were thinking. "I didn't have a nightmare!!" I said excitedly. The girls jumped up squealing. They enveloped me in a bear hug. When they stepped back we were all smiling and silent tears were streaming down Natalie's face. I suddenly was very concerned, "Nat what's wrong?" She shook her head, "Nothing's wrong!! I'm just so happy to see that you're smiling!!" I was shocked when realization hit me for the 2nd time in the past 5 minutes. "You're right! And it feels amazing!!" Jen squealed again, "I think this calls for a small celebration!! I'll get the snacks and you 2 get the soda we're watching a movie!!" We all laughed and after getting the goodies sat down and watched Star Wars.