A phone call

Natalie's POV
I watched as Alexis hurried to get out of the apartment. Had I been to pushy? Does she understand that she doesn't have to be alone in this struggle? I can understand a little bit of what she's feeling but I haven't experienced the level of abuse she did but I'm the only person she knows who is able to understand at least some of it. Kurt really did damage to my best friend and I'm glad he's behind bars. In a way I've lost my best friend. She's not as happy and joyful as she once was. I hope that one day she will begin to come out of her shell and start to be herself again. I know she won't be exactly the same as before but I'd love to see her with a real, genuine smile rather than the fake one she puts on around others to hide her pain.  Natalie's phone ringing jerked her out of her thoughts. She looked to see who was calling and the name said 'Amanda F'

"Hey Amanda! What's up?"

"Good morning Nat! I was just checking to see if we're still getting together on Friday. I'm going to be busy these next couple of days so I thought I would ask now so I wouldn't stress about needing to do it later."

"Yeah of course!! Do you need me to bring anything?"
"A side dish or dessert should be fine. Some of Matt's friends are coming over as well so we should have enough stuff."

"Okay! Sounds good! Could Alexis come as well? I think Matt's friends would be a great help in bringing her out of her shell. Especially Sam and Cat."

"Of course! I think so too! Has she opened up at all lately?"

"No. I'm really worried for her Amanda."

"It's going to be okay Nat. We just need to give her time and our support. Luna is starting to cry so I need to go. I'll see you Friday!"

"Okay! I have to be heading to work now anyways. See you then! Bye!"

"Bye Nat!"

Natalie's POV

Maybe later today I'll go to Coffee Express and see how Lexy is doing. I'll take her lunch too since she didn't eat breakfast.