Chapter 6: Tension

The next morning I woke up and found that Jax was still asleep. I creeped over to his bed to check on his wound. It was a deep wound, I was surprised by his ability to remain so neutral in front of everybody. Before I had a chance to lift his shirt his hand reflexively grabbed my wrist. He was wide awake now.

"Oh it's you, If you wanted me naked you coils just ask. No need to do it while I'm unconscious," he teased.

I scowled. How could someone be so... so Jax first thing in the morning?

"Don't get ahead of yourself. I'm just checking on the patient," I said prying my hand out of his strong grasp.

Jax then screamed in pain and reached for his chest. Oh my god, what was happening?

"Nurse, you'll need to check my heart first. It's been broken," he teased. Was he serious?!

I growled. He scared me shitless!

"You know, you would make a hot nurse," he said looking me up and down making turn best red. He was insufferable.

Jax sat up and began taking off his shirt, his nice body never ceasing to impress me. I averted my eyes from him. Last thing I need was a Jax comment.

I took off his bandages and examined the wound. He was getting better. The bleeding ceased thanks to my great first aid skills.

"You like what you see?" he winked. Typical Jax.

"Yes, I do. I did a great job don't you think?" I played the game. I was good at this game.

"I guess so, but my mom always kissed my booboos better," he said with a small smirk.

"Good thing I'm not your mom," I replied with an eye-roll.

"You're right. It would be weird if I was attracted to my mom," he kept going.

"Will the flirting ever stop? It's getting a little old," I frowned. A little tiring. I knew he was attracted to me, his body language said it all. I knew he flirted with everyone, not just me. But sometimes my profiling would have me believing it might be more.

"What would you do if I said I wasn't joking?" he asked, the playful look falling into a more serious one. "That you, Tess Michelson, are more than that?"

I stared at him hard. He was being serious, he was being real. Oh god, I could not be doing this right now.

I got up and left to the training hall. more like ran away from my mind. From him. I needed a distraction. So far I ranked third and Jax came in second. He was beating me in our little competition. I had to improve. Jax walked in with the remaining trainees a few moments after. I avoided Jax all training. I didn't care if people noticed. I couldn't have my head be a jumble of thoughts I shouldn't have.

I got to our room first and took a shower. I avoided eye contact with Jax as I stepped back into our room. The tension in the air was thick. I heard him step into the shower. I let out a sigh of relief knowing I had a few moments of peace. When Jax came back into the room I suddenly felt flustered. Seriously Tess? Does he really affect you that much?

The thin sweater I wore suddenly felt too hot. I stood up and removed it staying in just a tank top. I began folding my sweater to put it back with my stuff.

"God Tess," Jax groaned. My eyes widened as I turned around to look at him. He looked so angry and... "Are you trying to be cruel on purpose?"

He walked towards me.

"What?" I asked taking a step back.

We matched each other's steps until I I was up against the wall with no where to escape. He was so close right now that I think I lost my breath. He leaned in and I closed my eyes. Then I heard him let out a breath and walk out the room before I was brave enough to open my eyes again. What just happened? For the next few hours it seemed like Jax was avoiding me. This was not right. I needed answers on what we were or else I was going to go crazy. Is this how he felt when I did this to him earlier? We were both playing with each other's feelings. It was not right. I needed answers on what we were or else I was going to go crazy. It was curfew. He couldn't ignore me for long, we shared a room for Pete's sake.

Jax walked in a little over curfew. I stood up quickly. He froze at the sight of me but then immediately went back to ignoring me. Okay, this is where this ends.

"How long are we going to do this?" I asked.

We clearly both liked each other. There I admit it. I liked Jax Ryder. My annoying, flirty, fun, and oddly caring roommate. Why were we not happening?

"I don't know what you're talking about," he shrugged. Ugh! I could just throttle him!

Before I can pry into it anymore, he got in bed. Fine. I'll show you Jax Ryder.

————————————————

Don't be silent readers!

Vote and comment!

Always love reading what you have to say!

Love ya!

XO