Saving Dixon

You were wandering in the woods, trying to find something to eat, or at least a place to stay. You had your knife at the ready, along with your machete.

You heard the familiar growl of the undead. You looked to see and sure enough, there was a biter looming over a corpse.

Wait. That wasn't a corpse. That was another survivor. You could hardly tell that they were alive because of their state. They were almost passed out by the looks of it. You quickly put your machete through the biter's head.

Once it fell to the ground, you saw that the person on the ground was a man, looked about his mid-thirties, he had a crossbow attached to his back, and he looked exhausted. You stared at him as his eyes closed and he passed out.

You couldn't leave him here alone, and besides, he was the first survivor you had met in a while. All the other survivors you knew were dead. A herd of biters got to them.

You set up a small fire and put snares up all around you and the man. You slung your backpack off and rummaged through it for something to eat. You found some deer that you had cooked and dried about a week ago. You had enough for yourself, but you figured the stranger would need more of the protein from it.

You kept looking and you found a granola bar. You figured it would do, but you would wait to eat.

After a few hours, the man jolted from his sleep and grasped for his crossbow. Too bad you had taken it off of him.

"Don't worry, it's over there, I even picked up your arrows," you told him calmly. "I'm not going to hurt you."

He stared at me silently. Okay, creepy.

"I have some food if you want it," you offered him the bag that contained the deer. "You seem like you haven't eaten in a while."

He stared at you some more.

"Or don't take it, I could care less," you tossed the bag on the ground in annoyance.

"Why did you help me?" He asked after a while.

"Well, you were going to be bitten," you explain. "I didn't want another survivor to die."

"We're all going to die," the man said.

"Yeah, but we can change when and how we die," you sighed.

"That's some deep shit for a kid," he scoffed.

"First off, I'm 22," you sternly said, "I think."

"Well 22, I'm Daryl," he said.

"Really? You must really be an old man if that's the best joke you've got," you laughed.

"You know, usually after I tell you my name, you tell me yours," he explained.

"I'm ___, ___ ___," you introduced yourself.

"Is that food still an offer?" He asked.

"Yeah," you have the deer to him, "Here."

"Thanks, ___," he said as he took a bite out of a piece of deer.

After he ate, he asked, "So why's a girl like you alone?"

"What do you mean by that?" You demanded. "Do you think a girl can't handle herself?"

"No, I was just wandering why you didn't have nobody," Daryl said.

"Well, I did," you muttered, "He's gone now."

"Sorry," Daryl didn't know what to say. He wasn't good at the whole comfort thing.

"No, it's fine," you said, trying to get a smile on your face to show you were all right, "He wanted it anyways."

Daryl decided he wasn't going to press anymore. You obviously didn't want to talk about it.

"What about you? Did you have a group? If you don't mind my asking," you said.

"Our camp got overrun. We all had to scatter to get away," he answered.

"Oh, well, I could help you find them if you want," you offered.

"I don't think I'll need any help, but you're welcome to tag along," he said, "If you're up for it, I think the group would let you join," Daryl said.

"Yeah, I think I might like that," you smiled at him. This was the start of something, you could feel it.

~~~~~~~~~

Sorry that Daryl's ooc, please don't shoot me!!