Chapter 17

-Harry

The muggy heat pressed in on him, even sweating was no good. It trickled down his necks and backs like warm soup. Hair clung to his head like thermal blankets, locking in the heat, frying his brain. The sidewalk was hot enough to fry an English breakfast. It was around high noon and the sun beat down with unrestrained brutality. Harry looked around the area only to see bright white, and a few obscure objects in the distance. Running his fingers though his hair, Harry turned around a full three-sixty as he stared at the nothingness.

He could hear the faint echo of the riddle in the back of his head, and he could see some of the obscure objects becoming less and less obscure.

Soon, he was face to face with that girl from the flashback. Samia he thinks. Keeping his distance, Harry lets his arms dangle to the sides, as he takes in the ghostly appearance of the girl. Her dress was soaked, and he skin a pale white. Her black hair was messy and unkempt, and her eyes a sad boring shade of brown.

Opening his mouth to say something, Harry stopped when Samia extended her arm. He frail finger pointed behind Harry, as he expression remained blank. "Look out."

Harry turns to be met with a vast amount of water. There was no sky or birds. There was only sunlight, blue raging waters, and white. He could see a figure in the distance, and squinted his eyes confused. "What am I looking out fo.." he turned over his shoulder to see no Samia there. Sighing he turned back to the figure and started to walk closer.

As he got closer and closer, he started to make out the figure to be male. He noticed the raven black hair immediately, and a wide happen smile broke over his face. "Zayn!"

Breaking into a run, Harry frowns as it seemed like Zayn started to get further and further away. This only caused Harry to run faster of course. Ignoring the hear of the sun, Harry ran faster and harder until it looked like he was making progress. Watching as Zayn slowly turned around to face him. Harry smiled and ran even faster if possible. Harry watched as Zayn stretched his arms out to the side, and just took that as his boyfriend's way of telling him to come get his hug. However, as Zayn close his eyes and tilted his head back, Harry's eyes went as wide as saucers as Zayn started to fall backwards into the dangerous water. "Zayn!" He yelled this time out of fear.

It seemed like he was there in seconds now. Leaping forward, Harry caught Zayn in his arms as they both fell back into the water. The crashed, and the loud slash probably could have been heard a mile away. Harry opened his eyes, and frowned confused when there was nothing in his arms. Panic started to kick in, and the water started to fill his lungs. Swimming to the top, he takes a large breath of air, before another wave crashes down on him. He goes back down again and fights for more air again as he tried to go back to the top. This happens again and again, until his body lands on land that was only a large rock. Laying on the rock, Harry closes his eyes as water from the waves splashed over them.

I am always around, but never seen. I am often avoided, but you can't out run me. What am I?

Harry closes his eyes and shakes his head, not really wanting to think about this. His head was already pounding, so trying to figure out this riddle wouldn't help him at all.His heartbeat echoed in his ears as the time went by. His thoughts started to think of how he'd just seen Zayn fall off a cliff. Letting out a tiered sigh, Harry shakes his head ad rolls over so he's resting on his back. He relaxes, and just lets his mind go. There was nothing he wanted right now more than to just sleep. The breeze that the water gave off is soft, calming and peaceful, the feeling of which your mind is clear. So maybe there could be a chance that after more than a wee of being prisoner of his own mind. Maybe, just maybe he could get a tiny wink of sleep. Harry tossed and turned but just couldn't find the right position. A lingering haze of sleep sat somewhere at the back of his mind but was too far away to reach, floating in the pool of his memories.