Chapter 13

Niall and Harry communicated almost exclusively through bored looks. Each time their over zealous teacher discussed a topic not even related to English, Niall would glance over at Harry and sigh ever so slightly. Harry would let out a soft humorous laugh, that would earn him a look from the teacher. It normally would make him shut up immediately, but he was feeling a bit...daring today. He almost felt intoxicated with mischief.

"Mr. Styles, I see you are having a good talk with your buddy back there. Why don't you share with the class your thoughts about a metaphor of life?" Mrs. Green asked crossing her arms over her chest.

The thought trundled through his brain like a through train, with no intention of stopping. "...A dream. 'Row row row your boat, gently down the stream. Merrily merrily merrily, life is but a dream...' The dream model has the advantage that it offers a very simple, intuitive answer to the question of the afterlife. When you die, you just wake up. Another interesting consequence is that everything here is a product of your own mind. Believe it or not, in my own life, I've experienced certain "miracles" which seem more readily explainable in the "dream reality" than using standard laws of physics. Like the game metaphor, the belief that this is all just a pleasant reverie makes you take things less seriously. Many fears dissolve when you consider you might be dreaming."

Silence hung in the air like the suspended moment before a falling glass shatters on the ground. The silence was like a gaping void, needing to be filled with sounds, words, anything. The silence was awkward, but Harry was the only one that didn't see it as odd. The bell rung, and the curly haired lad collected his stuff before heading out the door in one swift move.

Seconds later, Harry could hear the footsteps of Niall behind him. The two friends soon fell into footstep together, as they made their way to Niall's car. Thy got into the Toyota and Harry started to get a bit antsy at the feeling of being confined.

'Get out!'

Harry gasped and looked around confused as to what or who could have said that.

'I said out!'

Harry went to open the door, but to his dismay it was locked, and Niall was pulling out of the parking lot and into the streets. Harry gripped the door handle and it was like his head started to feel with thousands of bells and whistles. Niall looked at harry confused, but continued to drive as he pulled into the highway.

"You alright," the Irish lad asked as he observed his friends jittery movements? Niall has noticed that Harry has been acting off all day, ever since he picked him up from his flat this morning. "You seem out of it man....did you have a fight with Zayn or something?" Niall asked with fake concern and a roll of his eyes.

This seemed to have poked at Harry's attention. "Zayn?"

'Ask him to take you to Zayn'

"Where is Zayn? I-I miss him." Harry said looking over at Niall with a void expression on his pale face. "Do you know where he is?"

Niall scuffed and sped up as the speed limit went up. Shaking his head he turned up the music a bit. "I'm sorry but I don't keep tabs on your psychotic boyfriend." Niall said as he tapped his fingers on the steering wheel to the beat of the song.

'uselss'

Harry gasped at the word, and then things went black. The car swerved, and both lads screamed as a massive lightening bolt flashed across he suddenly gray and gloomy sky. The car came to a screeching stop, and luckily there was no other cars on the road near them. Before Niall could say anything though, Harry had unlocked the car and ran across the street and in the woods-like part. It was like his legs had a mind of their own, as they carried him through the grass and bushes, until his converse's came in contact with the sidewalk. He ran and ran until his own body couldn't anymore. He collapsed to the ground on his hands and knees. The darkness that took over his vision confused him. It was just somewhat bright outside, despite the gloomy cloud that overtook the western part of the sky. But now the light was night, and the bright sun that would normally make him smile vanished leaving only darkness.

"Who's there?!" Harry screamed to nothing, as his hands started to shake on the cold pavement. He didn't know if anyone was around, but if there was then he's sure that they would have ran away by now. "Who are you?!" Harry could feel something leaving from himself and went numb on the concrete, "I don't understand."

'The question isn't who are you, Harry...the question is who are we.'

Harry gasped and he could feel himself falling onto his stomach, from the ache of the run. Concentrating on the deep gravely voice, Harry tasted the dirty taste of ground up rock on his tongue, as the side of his face landed on the ground as well.

"What do you want from me?"

'You don't understand do you?' the voice said slowly and a bit amused. 'I can see my father's host has chose the foolish one as a mate.'

Harry whimpered confused, and hurt. His lungs felt like they were burning, and his ankles felt weak and broken. Whining softly, Harry rolled onto his side weakly, wincing when the gravel scrapped against the exposed skin of his arm. "What do you want from me.." he asked feebly

'..I am always around, but never seen. I am often avoided, but you can't out run me. What am I?'

"I-I don't know.."

'What am I?!"

"I don't know!"

'نحن سوف ندمرهم واحدا تلو الاخر' the voice went silent, and Harry closed his eyes hoping it to be over already. 'We're going to destroy all of them...One. By. One.'

Harry laid their confused without muttering a word. Darkness washed over him sending another chill down his spine. But it wasn't a chill of passion. It was a chill of fear. "W-why?"

'..I am always around, but never seen. I am often avoided, but you can't out run me. What am I?'

Harry wracked his mind for an answer, and groaned when he came up with nothing. The curly haired lad squirmed on the ground, and gasped out a scream when he felt something entering him. The same feeling he had when he was dreaming last night. The same feeling that's been haunting his mind all day. He could feel something like claws steadying his jaw and wrapping around his body, and Harry screamed. Only he didn't. Harry strained his vocal chords but not a sound came out. Still he screamed, hoping someone would hear. Harry screamed and screamed and screamed, then finally he opened his eyes to see the shining sunlight. His eyes were dark and void of all emotion, along with the new paleness to his normally creamy skin. Cracking his neck, a mischievous smile took over Harry's face as he sat up like nothing had just happened.

"Wrong answer Harry." He said smirking when he could hear the scream of Harry inside of Harry's head.

A/N: Only one update cause I'm a bit busy and I'm a bit stuck :/

Oh and thanksrebellionkids for the sick new cover x