Chapter 1 - Diana

"Let go of me!" I yelled as I struggled from their marble grip, "I said let go!"

My captors remained silent just when they caught me. Their faces were blank, void of emotion. They had tiny marks on their neck, like a bite of some bug. Their eyes had a blue-green hue. Both of them were moving in sync like robots. They were human, but somehow they were not anymore. I knew there was something off, but I just didn't know what.

They led me into what looked like a cell. They opened the door and shoved me inside. As they slowly closed the door, I tried to reach for the keys that they were holding, but one of them was quick to grip my arm. I tried to pull my arm free, but his grip on me got so tight I thought he was going to twist my wrist off. I winced.

"Don't even try, prisoner," he said in a monotonous voice. "The queen wants you to behave. She says she doesn't want you to do something that will make her kill you."

"How do you even know that?"

Silence.

I glowered. "I want answers! Who the hell are you people? What does your 'queen' want from me?"

He didn't reply. He let go of my arm and the two of them left me alone in the cell.

Grumbling in frustration, I roamed my eyes at the place I was in. The size of the room was half the size of my bedroom in the dorms. There weren't any windows, only seamless walls with no cracks or holes. At the other side of the tiny room was an elevated surface, which I thought for a long time was a bed.

I sat on the cold floor as Tears started to form from my eyes. I wiped them before they fell down.

Why did they take me? Where did they take me? Today was supposed to be a nice day. Why did it have to turn up like this?

I looked around, thinking of ways to escape: pretending to be sick, playing dead, even crying for help, but no to avail.

Even if I escaped from my cell, I thought, I don't even know the way outside of this. . . whatever place this is. The only thing I can do is to wait.

Hunger and thirst were plaguing my mind

Hunger and thirst were plaguing my mind. It has been days since I was thrown into this hell. The ones who led me here didn't come back to check at me, even to give me something to eat. Whoever their 'queen' was wanted me to suffer before she does something horrible to me.

Here I thought everyone in the campus was going to be safe. The irony of my words.

I shook my head. "What did I even get myself into?"

My mind screamed at me to find a way to escape, but I didn't know how. I wasn't claustrophobic, but for the past few days, I would often see the cell slowly shrinking until there was no room for me to move or breathe. I would wake up from dreamless slumbers to see that I was still stuck in this tiny confined space. Time passed by like a leaf on a stagnant pond, and all I did to kill it was to sleep. It helped a little in keeping me from feeling hunger or dread.