Chapter Twelve: Alfredo

Niall's POV

I can't believe it. I can't fucking believe it! How dare Zayn play the role of the most caring mate in the band! How dare he try to get me involved in a long list of items that were said to "increase the chances of survival"! How dare he act so supportive with the whole cancer thing, when in reality, he's been fucking smoking! Even when he knows that smoking just kills me faster!

I'm beyond pissed. I'm shocked and hurt and I just don't understand!

Anger ripples through me and I slam my fist into the closest wall causing pain to shoot up my arm. That is definitely going to leave a bruise.

"UGHHH!" I groan loudly, angrily, and punch the wall again. "FUCK!" I yell as the pain increases. I notice my breathing getting out of control and start yanking at my hair.

I literally feel more betrayed than ever before. Zayn is supposed to be my best friend. That one guy who I know I could always count on...AND YET HE'S BEEN SMOKING?!?

"Fucking bitch!" I scream and slam both my fists into the wall. The tears streaming down my face mark my shirt. The pain I feel physically has no comparison to what I'm feeling emotionally.

I can't...I can't do this.

If life was so important...why was I destined to die so early?

I fall to my knees in the center of the room and cradle my head in my lap. "Why..," I whisper. I'm crying and I don't give one shit about it.

** Liam's POV **

I can hear Niall's screaming accompanied by pounding against a wall. I don't even stop myself from going to him. He's in pain and my instincts to comfort him are kicking in.

I go into the room he's called to himself and find him on the floor curled into himself. The sight of him hurting makes me drop to my knees as I go to him. "Niall..." I reach out towards him when he doesn't react to my voice.

I notice his entire body shaking and I know he's bawling his eyes out. My entire heart aches for him. Why is Niall crying!? What has made him so upset?!

I can't stand it any longer. I pull Niall into my arms and he willingly wraps his arms around me. I feel like a father in this position. "Liam," he chokes out through his tears. His head is buried into my shirt and I ignore the temptation to make him look me in the eyes. I've never seen Niall so upset...

"Shhh, it'll be alright Niall. Just tell me what's wrong?"

It takes a couple minutes of silence before Niall's sobbing dies down into quiet tears. He unwraps himself but doesn't leave my hug as he looks up at me. His blue eyes red-rimmed and puffy looking. "Zayn's still smoking," he says before dropping his eyes back to the ground.

So Zayn is the problem this time. Of course him smoking would upset Niall this much! He promised Niall he would stop smoking. Why would he keep that a secret from him? Why would he keep smoking if he knew it would just kill Niall faster?! Didn't he fucking care?!

Anger ripples through me and I have to keep my hold around Niall to stop myself from tracking down that bastard Zayn.

"Doesn't he know that I'm going to die soon enough?! Doesn't he see how his smoking affects me?! Why is he still smoking Liam? Does he want me to die faster? Does he want the rest of my solos? I don't care about them, I don't Liam. He wants them? He can fucking have them. I just want to live a little longer! I just want to be able to survive long enough to find my princess! I want to experience love once in my life. Why can't-"