Chapter Thirty-Two: Unstoppable

**A/N** short quick update. Kind of informative rather than entertaining..

Chapter Thirty-Two: Unstoppable

**Zayn's POV**

I don't want to go back to the lads yet. I don't want to see Niall lying on some bed in a hospital. I don't want to hear the words "death", "sick", or "cancer." Instead I want to spend some time alone to think and breathe and forget everything that's happening.

So I drive. I roll down my windows, rest my elbow on my car door and drive towards nothing in particular. I blast my car's stereo and leave it on the first radio station that turns on. I don't know what's playing but that's not the reason as to why I turned it on in the first place. I just want the noise. I don't care about the actual song.

With my phone's battery completely dead I have no way of contacting any of the lads and they have no way of reaching me. I smile at the road in front of me. There is no way I can be interupted now. It's just me, my thoughts, and an open road ahead of me.

I know that I can't stay away from Niall and the lads forever, but right now I just need silence and solitude. There's always going to be plenty of time to see them again. It's not like they are going to be leaving any time soon. Nope, they'd all be in the same place I left them: waiting for the death of NIall.

With no cars in sight, I turn the radio's volume up louder, the beats beating against my chest and body, and I scream at the top of my lungs. I stomp down on the gas pedal and feel the car take off down the straight road. Maybe I'm crazy for screaming and driving recklessly, but I don't care. I'm unstoppable.

**Liam's POV**

When Louis comes in my room he's alone. He gives me a half smile before dragging a black plastic chair over beside me and sits down. "Hey," he says.

"Hey."

"You feeling any better?"

I nod. "Yup."

Our voices are monotone, dead of all emotions. Both of us know we're only talking in order to eliminate any awkward pauses. We don't actually care about eachother's answers. We just know we have to keep talking or we'll lose ourselves to the silence. Everyone knows the sound of silence is the most deafening.

"I tried calling Harry and he won't answer any of my calls. Zayn's phone goes straight to voicemail so he either turned it off or his phone died," Louis fills me in on details that I never asked for. It doesn't take a genius to figure out why Zayn would shut off his phone.

"So it's just us then," I say quietly. I don't know why we both feel obliged to speak in hushed tones like the words we say can't be heard by anyone besides us. Anyone listening would think we were having just a normal conversation.

"Just us," Louis sighs.

Of course looking at either of us would give away any chance of us looking happy. Louis' hair is a rumpled mess on his head that sticks up in random places. His eyes are bloodshot and accompanied with dark circles beneath them. He looks like he's either been crying for the longest time or doing a ton of drugs. Honestly, I probably don't look any better than what he does.

I lean back in my chair and stare at the far wall. The hospital room walls are plain white with no source of color on them. They are meant to make you feel safe, clean, but all I'm feeling is disgust and claustrophobic. I hate the smell of the anti-bacteria spray and the white themed building. A hospital is better represented with the color black.

"You think this is the end?" I hear myself ask a question I didn't know I was even thinking.

Louis turns his head to me. His eyebrows are pinched together in the same look he gets when he concentrates. "I don't know to tell you the truth...but I think it would be better if...it....were," he says slowly, judging the way I would react to him.