Him

Oh finally, thought Claude, Someone from Les Miserables! He had been there for what seemed like hours, and still no one from any shows he knew had come yet. He was sure he would be the only one from Les Misérables during the entire night. But here was one from Les Misérables! Yes, she definitely seemed like she knew the show from her costume! Her costume was exactly like in the film and play. It was identical. Claude was impressed.

        He didn't want to walk towards her: that would look creepy. But still, he really wanted to talk to her. Oh, good. She was coming to him. He was glad to be spared the chance of walking across the room to her. He hoped he wouldn't sound awkward.

        He talked to her for a minute. Then they went and danced for the first song. It was Tale as Old as Time from Beauty and the Beast. He saw his partner wink at a Belle dancing with a rather well-costumed Beast. They must be friends, or sisters, he thought. 

        They danced a few dances, and Claude realized something. He was talking to her the whole time as they were dancing, yet he hadn't even gotten her number! Isn't that what you do, like as soon as you dance with someone? And this wasn't just anyone. This girl knew her Broadway! Claude was impressed with it, not to mention her ease of speech and keen sense of humor. When she asked for them to stop to get some water during a song in RENT that neither of them knew, he decided to ask.

        "Hey, Katie?

        "Yes, Claude?"

        "Um, could we.. I mean me... I mean..."

        "Yes, of course you can have my number."

        "How did you know that was what I was going to say?"

        "I can tell. But here it is..."

        Claude smiled as he input the long string of numbers into his phone. He got it! He had been competing with his brother to see how many girls' numbers they got, but Claude was happy just with this one. Let his brother Chris be a heartbreaker, but Claude would try to stay out of it this time. After all, his brother hadn't found a beautiful Cosette who loved Les Misérables, knew it backwards and forwards, and didn't judge him for knowing it too well either, as almost everyone did.